Wheaton College Work Order Coordinator in Wheaton, Illinois
FACILITIES OPERATIONS DEPT: WORK ORDER COORDINATOR
Responsible to the Facilities Operations Department office manager to operate the work order center, including routing received work orders for construction and repairs to maintenance shops, and acting as the primary communications station for the department.
- Process work requests in all stages from submission to closed status.
- Prepare monthly reports for billing and statistical reporting purposes.
- Maintain CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) data base including building locations and assets, account numbers and user profiles.
- Answer phones and enter work orders into Asset Essentials (our CMMS system).
- Act as primary contact with Asset Essentials customer service team to resolve software issues with CMMS software.
- Train campus users and Facilities Department employees on the Asset Essentials software and app.
- Work closely with Res Life staff to ensure efficient start and end of year transitions.
- Respond efficiently and promptly to emergency situations and breakdowns.
- Act as liaison between Facilities Department and college community to provide good customer service and maintain effective communication.
- Properly assign and distribute work activity for the department.
- Contact appropriate outside contractor for services as directed (e.g., elevator maintenance, pest control, waste hauling, etc.).
- Ensure First Aid cabinets are properly stocked
- Record and distribute keys to regular service contractors (cell tower equipment, radio station equipment, elevator, etc.)
- Maintain Confined Space records
- Act as a liaison between the Facilities Department and Du-Comm (DuPage Public Safety Communications).
- Become proficient with all aspects of work order center operations and Asset Essentials software.
- Serve as back-up for all tasks performed by Office Coordinator and Transportation Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both orally and in written form.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Proven experience using multiple computer systems and the ability to provide first line problem solving for PC, iPad and Smart Phone use of those systems.
- Strong analytical skills and creative, effective problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and strong orientation to managing details.
- Effective training skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Position: Work Order Coordinator
Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 540
# of Openings: 1