Sims Metal Management Sr. Account Administrator (Customer Service) in West Chicago, Illinois
Sims Lifecycle Services (SLS) provides global solutions to extend the life of IT and electronic devices, and the company recognizes the value in end-of-life electronic assets, components and materials. SLS supports Fortune 500 companies in navigating ongoing technology shifts by securely and responsibly managing the disposition of IT equipment and recycling of electronic products. SLS works with enterprises and major cloud providers to deliver decommissioning of corporate IT assets and data center equipment.
Reporting to the Client Services Team Manager, the Senior Account Administrator (SAA) is responsible for achieving client satisfaction with high profile clients by building relationships, providing excellent customer service, representing clients' needs and goals, and making decisions on matters of significance using independent judgment. This includes ensuring that all information needed by the Operations teams is collected and communicated clearly so that receiving, processing, reporting, and invoicing processes run smoothly and successfully. The incumbent is responsible understanding and reviewing statements of work (SOWs), dealing with and resolving complaints, and effectively communicating clients' timelines, special needs, instructions, and requirements to the Operations team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients; solicit client feedback and provide to Sales and Operations management for the purpose of enhancing quality of service.
- Ensure all client requirements are met. Receive and respond to calls and emails from client. Answer clients' questions promptly and accurately. Ensure clients' issues are resolved in an efficient manner. Respond to complaints, examine and investigate nonconformities, determine causes for discrepancies, and adjustment internal processes as needed.
- Partner with various internal teams to ensure client assets are properly received, processed, reconciled and settled within deadlines.
- Review, modify, and approve SOWs, ensuring that the SOW effectively communicates work instructions to the Operations teams.
- Manage and approve client freight costs. Coordinate logistics (i.e., schedule pickups, transfers, etc.) as required by client, providing quotes, pickup forms, and placards.
- Create and modify orders in the Company's order management system.
- Use the Company's Customer Relationship Management system to manage service requests, create client contact records, and track all activities related to a service request.
- Provide the data and/or reports needed for standard Quarterly Business Reviews with clients.
- Communicate information to internal/external customers in a timely and professional manner (i.e., provide order status, send Acknowledgements of Receipt, Audit Reports, and update necessary spreadsheets, etc.).
- Research and resolve problems by working with various departments to ensure client assets are properly received, processed, reconciled, and settled within deadlines.
- Able to prioritize own tasks and goals relating to short-term initiatives and responsible for own development.
- Attendance at internal meetings and conference calls with assigned clients.
- Provision for appropriate cover for other client accounts as required.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on one or more process functions within Client Services team.
- Create and maintain comprehensive procedure and process documents on area(s) of expertise.
- Lead and be responsible for special projects related to area(s) of expertise.
- Identify and implement process improvements to minimize manual procedures, while increasing efficiency and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
The company offers competitive wages and an excellent benefit package.
Sims Lifecycle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Please note that applicants who may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in and complete the hiring process may advise Sims in writing.
Please include salary requirements on application.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five years' experience in customer service
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment; however, time may be spent on the production floor to locate material or interact with necessary Operations and management personnel
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, fitted dust mask, etc., as required
- Must be flexible with the ability to manage multiple tasks and interact professionally with clients at all times
- Must be able to take on new assignments as needed regardless of existing workload
- Must be able to work under deadlines and related stresses in a timely manner
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled