AMETEK, Inc. Director of Operations in Waukegan, Illinois
Director of Operations
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:More than 10 years
Hours of Work:40 plus hours
Location:US - Illinois - Waukegan
Division:AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
The Director of Operations provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, reporting procedures, and optimized talent in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency in a safe environment. This role will oversee all aspects of operations at multiple sites to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are met. The Operations team spans a spectrum of leadership in a diverse and growing business in excess of $100M with each role having an important and valuable part to play in the success of the team. As a key member of the executive management team, this role has high visibility up through the division and the executive office of AMETEK. This position also allows for exposure to future expansion activity and potential integration of businesses. This position will require strong leadership skills, a background in lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, supply chain management, operations planning and talent development. This multitask role will require the ability to service both internal and external customers while navigating the organization toward efficiency and operational excellence.
• Oversee all aspects of operations including product assembly & test, procurement & production planning, a robust inventory management process and satisfy service orders for product warranty.
• Meet the company's financial goals and product on time delivery on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Work closely with sales and product management to develop and influence the front-end operations of the business to optimize setting and meeting customer expectations.
• Implement lean initiatives through Kaizen by driving key elements such as cost improvements, quality expectations and on-time delivery.
• Develop and maintain an effective work team through the selection, training, development, and motivation of all personnel, starting with the focus factory managers and all others including controls and measures of overtime spend assigned to the operations organization.
• Serve as core member in ERP improvements and control initiatives.
• Develop effective and productive relationships with all functions within the organization.
• Lead business unit daily operations by assuring that customer expectations are consistently satisfied, that products and services always meet the quality specifications, and that all resources are fully utilized to provide cost-effective products and service.
• Bachelor’s degree required an MBA or M.S in Operations a plus.
• Works closely with Division VP of supply chain and manufacturing to identify PPV and VAVE opportunities
• Experience leading a large team in a $100M+ product manufacturing organization
• Experience in leading kaizen events to establish lean manufacturing concepts
• Experience in productivity improvements through lean daily management
• Minimum 5 years in electrical/electronics manufacturing with logical progression to full operations responsibility
• Experience in a manufacturing company that has long term record of deploying lean manufacturing principles
• Must have demonstrated track record of implementing productive changes in an electrical/electronics manufacturing environment
• Leadership & ability to influence others
• Strategic planning and strategic execution
• Ability to be a coach and mentor to a highly capable and energetic team.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.