AMETEK, Inc. Manufacturing Engineering Technician -3rd shift in Waukegan (EMC), Illinois
Manufacturing Engineering Technician -3rd shift
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Hours of Work:3rd shift: Midnight -8 am
Location:US - Illinois - Waukegan (EMC)
Division:EMG - Engineered Medical Components
Education Required:High School Diploma
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Looking to be part of an ambitious, technical team using your troubleshooting and mechanical skills?We have a 3rd shift Manufacturing Engineering Technician opening!
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician applies laser energy and sophisticated automation to precisely machine a wide range of materials to produce customer products with non-standard processes on machines, lasers, and tooling.
• Perform standardized set-up and adjustment of computer-controlled machines
• Works independently on projects of moderate complexity, but has ready access to assistance from more experience staff or supervisors.
• Troubleshoot equipment and effecting repair in a timely and efficient manner to reduce the amount of downtime and to keep the production floor operating effectively.
• Develop a wide variety of non-standard processes for customer products using a wide variety of machines, lasers, and tooling, working from rough sketch and verbal instructions.
• Review customer specified part dimensions and tolerances to determine tool modifications.
• Recommend to Product Engineer or Manager the materials, parts, dimensions, and tolerances necessary to develop product.
• Fabricate and install tooling such as mandrels, jaws & fixtures, create program, align laser, and set-up machine.
• Document settings, dimensions, tolerances, and product attributes on parameter worksheets.
• Generate and interpret reports for review with Engineering and quality upon request.
• Document processes, Engineering Feasibility, SPC, Process Capability, settings, dimensions, tolerances, and product attributes.
• Identifies potential safety hazards of equipment regularly, and documents actions taken to eliminate them
• Troubleshoot, recommend, and implement changes in products and processes in a regulatory environment to improve manufacturability and profitability. Work directly with responsible Process Engineer and Product Development Engineer in the implementation of projects in order to build and inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all employees and customers.
• Generate and update Work Instructions and documents. Train employees as required.
• Resource for Process Engineers involved with plant rearrangement and layouts. Ability to actively support NPI projects as needed.
• Participate in validation activities (IQ, OQ, PQ)
• Any other duties and assignments as requested
• Comprehensive troubleshooting knowledge of lasers and automated processing equipment including programming of CNC and process controllers.
• Successful application of electrical and mechanical theory to marking, drilling, slitting, cutting, welding, forming, grinding, electro-polishing, micro-blasting, tumbling, cleaning and turning materials, especially polymers and metals is desired.
• Knowledge of automated assembly equipment including programming of CNC and process controllers
• Proven performance with Engineering Feasibility, SPC, Process Capability, statistics, and math.
• Background using M&G code CNC programming preferred
• Several years generating reports from database tools, such as Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, Access, etc.) and working with network systems.
• Ability to read and understand intermediate level of instructions, such as job routing sheets, standard work instruction, and various visual aids.
• Ability to follow established procedure
• Possess good manual dexterity
• Professional and respectful interaction with other employees and supervisory personnel.
• Enjoys hands-on work, must be detail oriented and exhibit a high mechanical aptitude.
• Strong organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.