Proven IT Help Desk Support Specialist- Internal Tier 1 in Tinley Park, Illinois
Help Desk Support Specialist- Internal Tier 1
Tinley Park, IL
• Manage day to day Helpdesk requests, escalate issues to the proper personnel, and follow up for resolution.
• Support and maintain desktop infrastructure, printers, other peripherals, servers and VOIP telephones.
• Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge on computer software, hardware, and systems.
• First response on tickets
o First person to handle tickets/phone calls.
o Tickets range from- AD issues, VPN issues, printer issues, Wireless issues, computer hardware issues, software issues, telecom issues, mobile phone issues, permissions issue, email issues, equipment requests
• Create and maintain end user guides, FAQ’s, and documentation.
• Onboard new end users with proper equipment and for their job role.
o Make sure account is created properly, email is setup, Box account/folder, ConnectWise/E-Auto/Compass account created, setup user in phone server, setup desk area, order equipment needed for user, and image workstation
o First day instructions and setup
o First week check-ins to verify if they need any additional support
• Offboard users
o Assist with the wipe of cellphones, collection of hardware, deactivation of account, telecom server removal, removal of user in vendor accounts, obtain data as requested from manager, re-setup desk for next user
• Handle ordering and stocking equipment for end users.
• Support and maintain our workstation imaging infrastructure for end users. (Updated Monthly)
• When needed, escalate issues for further troubleshooting and resolution.
• Work closely with IT Staff to identify and suggest resolutions and improvements.
• Assist MNS with Ruckus SmartZone Tenant creation
• Tier 2 support for MNS/ACI telecom calls
• Assist with Connectwise/Automate/ScreenConnect/Sell
o Create boards, trouble shoot errors that are occurring, reconfigure/modify existing boards, verify users/licenses, verify permissions, create company in ScreenConnect and troubleshoot when not working properly, troubleshoot plug-ins within Automate, create/remove users in all, assist users in login in and any errors/issues they come across.
o Phone server needs to be maintained/updated monthly
o Print server/Demo floor
? Make sure machines are updated on the server based on what is on the demo floor and configure/troubleshoot machines on demo floors
o Contact vendors for improvements or new deployments
o All internal ordering
? Maintaining supply/inventory
? Asset management tool
o Low level project manage
? Make sure projects are on track and proper communication is going out
? Double check the tickets to make sure they are being handled or assistance as needed
o Assist with monthly audit on security cameras and lock systems
o SpotHero Business account
• Customer service experience via telephone and email.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team, in a demanding fast paced environment.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, incident and problem management.
• A healthy level of curiosity and interest in learning about new technology is a must.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Imgaging servers, networking.
o Net +