Aerotek Chop Saw Operator in STREAMWOOD, Illinois
• Sets up and operates metal-sawing machines, such as hacksaw, bandsaw, circular saw, friction saw, and rubber-disk saw to cut metal stock to dimensions: Reads job order for specifications, such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut.
• Obtains and transfers stock to machine, manually or with hoist.
• Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specified operation.
• Sets saw blade angle to obtain desired angle cuts, using wrench.
• Sets stops and guides to control dimension of cut, using steel rule and wrenches.
• Positions and secures stock against stops or in feeding device.
• Turns valve to start flow of coolant against cutting area.
• Starts machine and observes operation.
• Measures work for conformance to specifications, using rule.
• Marks identifying data on workpiece.
• Replaces defective cutting blade or wheel, using hand tools.
• Responsible for packing product and working in conjunction with shipping and receiving team
• Candidate will be lifting up to 40 - 60 lbs. at times
Text "Job" to 224-442-2410 if you are interested
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs