Aerotek CNC Machinist in SCHILLER PARK, Illinois
This position is for a CNC Mill Machinist or a CNC Lathe Machinist where the position will require them to read and interpret blueprints, edit and understand programming, editing speeds and feeds, setting up the machine with the appropriate fixtures and jigs and then run their machine ensuring parts are within specification.
• Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings including symbols, welding symbols, material type and material shape
• Plan machining operations by studying work orders, blueprints, drawings, specifications, materials, machining parameters, and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
• Perform basic machining math including fractional/decimal conversion, basic trigonometry (sin, cos), calculating dimensions and tolerances and determining missing linear or angular dimensions
• Properly set up operate CNC Lathe and machine parts/components to required specifications
• Properly utilize machining tools such as high speed drill, carbide drill, high speed tap, roll forming tap and reaming
• Edit and program Mill utilizing HAAS Controller
• Plan and perform a wide variety of diversified close tolerance Mill operations
• Lift and position workpiece on machine table and secure it
• Verify alignment of workpiece
• Verify conformance of machined workpiece to specifications using measuring devices and make corrections as required
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment, comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
• Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance as required following manufacturer’s instructions
• Understand and maintain both quality and quantity standards and expectations
• Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs