Aerotek Production Technician in Rockford, Illinois
- Cleaning, assembling and disassembling equipment and work spaces
- Getting materials so others can complete weekly production work orders, although with experience, they will complete less complex work orders on their own
- Using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including a respirator (when required)
- Associates in this position will generate or manage hazardous waste as defined by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. They will provide the collection and Bulking of hazardous waste for the Rockford site
- Process documentation is maintained in the form of batch record sheets, reports and lab notebooks
- The technician must contribute to and foster the development of a healthy cooperative environment
- With experience may formulate materials, operate the MAPD equipment, drying ovens and plate sealer to process No-Weigh™ type products
- With experience may perform water and solvent washing of chromatography resins/gels
- Participate on cross-functional project teams
- Support large scale production by setting up, running and cleaning 10, 30, 50, 100 and 300 gallon reactors
- Support medium scale production by setting up, running and cleaning glassware on the 1 Liter to 72 Liter reaction flask scale
- Moderately heavy equipment such as drum carts, gas cylinders, balances and filled carboys
- Occasionally assist other departments such as the formulations lab and packaging
- Other projects / duties as assigned
bachelor*, chemistry, organic, laboratory, chemical
Top Skills Details:
Chemistry Warehouse Technician
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
HS diploma required, but prefer some chemistry coursework, BS Chemistry or candidates with an associates degree and experience working in organic synthesis lab. experience with general lab techniques such as distillation, filtration, closed transfer.
If no chemistry then just warehouse experience in GMP/FDA regulated environment.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs