Capital One Senior Manager, Software Engineering in Richmond, Virginia
Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
The Card Partnerships engineering team is a highly collaborative and passionate group. We love solving hard problems that have a major impact, and we’re looking for an expert who can help us build out solutions that meet each of our partners unique needs.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you'll work on everything from enhancing current core platforms, to building new solutions that create differentiated customer experiences for our partners.
What You’ll Do:
-- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve (and deploy) software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation and the implementation of cutting-edge technologies
- Create a team culture of inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of development experience
- At least of 3 years of distributed systems experience
- At least 2 years of experience providing technical leadership on software development and running enterprise applications
- At least 5 years of experience of managing people
- 9+ years of professional experience in a technical role
- 7+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.