Blessing Hospital DISTRIBUTION CENTER SUPERVISOR in QUINCY, Illinois
Currently two (2) openings, an opening on 1st shift Soiled Side of production plant and an opening on 2nd shift that will float between Soiled and Clean side of the production plant.
- Denman Linen Services, Inc. is a high performing production based facility with over 150 employees processing a wide range of high quality linen products. Denman Linen supports over 30 hospitals/clinics in across three different states. This position will lead, motivate, develop employees to achieve outstanding production results and to maximize order completion, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Lean/Six Sigma) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork.
This position is required to attend weekly meetings. This position requires full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Blessing Health System Mission.
It is expected that each employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values while supporting the strategic plan, goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Process at Denman Services, Inc.
• Establish and maintain sound relationships with employees to foster an inclusive environment
• Ensure proper training, development and motivation of employees to maximize current and future production performance
• Ensure that production facilities and finished products meet company and accrediting body standards for safety, quality, and sanitation
• Manage the shift:
• On-shift safety, quality of product, execution of shift specific improvement plan actions
• Directing work of plant staff
• Timecard management
• Temporary employee management
• Team Development
• Performance management
• Own accuracy and timeliness of production metrics for shift
• Shift Start-up and hand-off execution
High School diploma or equivalency
Demonstrated leaderships skills
Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change
Sound judgement, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills
Ability to plan, lead, and execute situations and environments
Mature approach to challenging situations and environments
Three to five years of supervisory experience
EEO Statement: Blessing Health System provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blessing Health System complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Blessing Health System expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Blessing Health System's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.