DuPont Maintenance Technician ($750 Sign-On Bonus!) in Princeton, Illinois
Maintenance Technician ($750 Sign-On Bonus!) (Job Number: 201718W-01)
Are you searching for a career that offers variety and opportunity? Come join the Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ at our Princeton, IL production facility as a Maintenance Technician - Mechanical. We are seeking candidates from all industry backgrounds who value safety and have experience in maintenance and mechanical fields. Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
This is a unique and critical facility within Corteva, supplying hybrid corn seed to customers on the global market. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard and have stable work history. The Princeton site has semi-autonomous work teams implemented, so this is the perfect site for top performing candidates who are looking to launch their careers.
Corteva offers an excellent benefit package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes wages starting between $19.50-$25.00 per hour, a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
As the Maintenance Technician - Mechanical, you will regularly perform mechanical maintenance of field and plant equipment and facilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Plant and Field Operations
• Deliver maintenance support for projects
• Provide oversight of the plant shop, and maintenance tools
• Support our Production Operations as well as Process Safety Management and the location safety effort
• Conduct seasonal prep work including preparing equipment and scheduling materials
• Assure proper set-up, calibration, operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment, machines, and facilities
• Complete ground maintenance as needed
During peak season (September through January), the Princeton facility operates on a 20/5 schedule with an option of 20/6 depending on demand signals. Employees may be required to work on a rotational shift during this time.
The following are required:
• One to three (1-3) years of related industrial/manufacturing maintenance work
• High school diploma or GED
• Welding and fabrication experience
• Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation
• Position has potential exposure to hazards such as electric shock or moving parts
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and teamwork skills
• Willingness and ability to work shift work
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Beginning level computer skills
The following are preferred:
• Knowledge of production agriculture and associated machinery
• Experience with preventative maintenance programs
• Basic level of building electrical systems knowledge
• Knowledge of heating/cooling, refrigeration, security, materials handling equipment (i.e., conveyors, elevator legs, packaging equipment, etc.) or other mechanical/electrical systems
• Able to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities
• Millwright skills
• Truck and forklift driving skills
• Knowledge of engine and hydraulic repair and test equipment
• Certified Pesticide Applicator, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) may be desired
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Illinois-Princeton
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.