Metova Federal Senior Software Developer in O'Fallon, Illinois
Metova CyberCENTS is looking for some very talented developers! In this role, you will perform under little supervision. Senior developer working on a software development and network engineering team charged with the design, integration, production, testing, and installation of cyber range environments worldwide. Software development responsibilities include: requirements gathering, requirements analysis, architecture and design, coding, testing and validation, and research.
Perform related design, coding, testing, and documentation of given application and/or system designs. Participate in the design and development of applications and systems. Determine the level of effort and time required to resolve assigned tasks and design requirements. Provide direction and mentorship to junior developers as development lead.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field and four (4) years of software experience or eight (8) years of software experience
Skilled in Linux, Linux based Virtualization (Kernel Virtual Manager preferred), and Open VSwitch, AMQP based messaging
Experience with Data Structures and Algorithms
Experience with Networking, Linux Systems, Windows, Testing, Agile Software Development/Software Development Life Cycle
Analysis and Design
Assist in generating designs which comply with requirements specifications.
Assist in determining effort and time that will be required to resolve tasks
• Execute basic and advanced control constructs.
• Utilize the most efficient method or algorithm for solving a given problem.
• Apply logic to fundamental design issues.
• Develop software using prescribed coding conventions.
• Internal – Document code internal to a program for data/control constructs and modules/routines.
• Process – Generate comprehensible documentation for reference by other developers, engineers, etc. that complies with company standards.
• External – Produce customer documentation
• Performs unit testing as necessary.
• Accomplish integration and/or validation testing
• Complete tasks in a timely fashion.
• Adhere to all defined guidelines and procedures in performance of duties.
• Present clear, comprehensive recommendations for decision-making.
• Organize, plan, and execute tasks and projects.
• Innovate and apply skills and knowledge in problem solving situations.
• Work individually or with a group to successfully achieve objectives and goals.
• Adapt to assignment changes on short notice.
• Provide instruction to others and participate meaningfully in discussions/meetings.
• Clearly and concisely write cyber range documents and reports.
At Metova, our employees are our most valuable assets! Metova is designed around team members who want to make a difference in shaping the Company’s future and who can expect great rewards for doing superior work. We are professional people who want to exceed, and taking care of our people is our number one initiative to ensure success.
Metova is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or veteran status.
Metova believes in providing a very comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees that enriches the employee’s career with the company. Metova is not only committed to attracting the best and brightest professionals, but also to ensuring the well-being of its employees and their families.
Metova offers a full suite of employee benefits:
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Short & Long Term Disability