CVS Health Java Architect-Senior Advisor in Northbrook, Illinois
As a Senior Java Architect, you will be working with and lead both full- employees and contracted resources to execute project work within the IT organization at CVS Health. The Senior Java Architect is essential to ensuring that project initiatives and guidelines meet both internal and client requirements and are delivered on-time. The Senior Java Architect position is responsible leading a team of developers to deliver the design, code, and deployment of RESTful API services, Rule services and Business Process Management Services for the next generation of Specialty pharmacy applications.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Java Architect include:
• Work on Medium, Large and Portfolio Projects to ensure proper design and architectural principles are being followed
• Work closely with business teams and IT teams to translate user’s requirements into technical solutions.
• Prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes.
• Work on technology evaluations for the team. Propose any new technology that fits into the current architecture and provides value
• Work with the team to define the best technological practices to support the business initiatives.
• Design and build scalable, high-volume , secured , HA applications
• Design/Architect micro services in cloud native environment using Spring boot
• Knowledgeable in CI/CD concepts, agile development
• Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
• Mentoring people from your team and others
• Knowledgeable in JVM and performance tuning
• Design /Architect JBPM based solutions in cloud-native environment. Work on Red Hat JBPM, BRMS technologies.
• 8+ years of overall IT experience including the following:
• 8+ years of experience as Enterprise Java Developer, developing and designing enterprise-wide distributed solutions & in providing hands-on lead role in executing project implementation
• 5+ years of experience building and consuming Micro Services using Spring boot
• Experience in Database like Maria DB, Oracle, etc.
• Experience working with service discovery, API management tools like WS02, Zuul, Consul etc
• Experience in Java, J2EE Design Patterns, Object-Oriented design, Algorithms and Optimizations
• Experience in Spring framework, hibernate, and JMS
• Experience in service oriented design & implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, Web services
• 2+ years of experience working in Integration platforms using JBPM , Drools and other Redhat products
• Experience working with Git, Jenkins,Maven
• Experience with ELK, Rabbit MQ, Redis, Gradle, Groovy, Grails, Spring Cloud, Docker, Kubernatis
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
• Experience in Insurance or Healthcare
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/