Kelly Services EHS Specialist in North Chicago, Illinois
Kelly Services is seeking an EHS Specialist for our well-known client in the Pharmaceutical industry in North Chicago IL. This is a 4-month contract position
Title: EHS Specialist
Location: North Chicago IL
Duration: 4 months (possibility of extension)
Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of EHS programs to ensure regulatory and internal compliance, reduce risk and minimize AbbVie’s liability for Headquarters, office, laboratory, manufacturing and distribution operations with specific support for the site COVID-19 pandemic response.
Will develop programs, provide technical guidance and facilitate implementation of program improvements.
• Support the sites COVID-19 pandemic response activities including attending and leading daily communication meetings, supporting communication campaigns; metrics development, trending and reporting; supporting housekeeping in prioritizing and identifying COVID-19 cleaning needs.
• Lead incident investigations and support organization in identifying and implementing corrective and preventative actions. Communicate lessons learnt across the enterprise.
• Track and trend EHS metrics and develop solutions and strategies that drive continuous improvement at the local and enterprise level.
• Update EHS training to ensure relevant regulations and business changes are incorporated. Provide EHS training and update EHS guidelines, operating procedures and checklists.
• Plan and implement major projects for enterprise wide and localized organization and track to successful completion.
• Conduct annual program reviews and assessments and participate in global EHS audits.
• Communicate compliance status, key performance indicators, trends and priority issues and business impact to key stakeholders.
• Provide input into global strategies, LRP and goal setting to mitigate EHS risk and drive continuous improvement
• Participate on cross functional teams to represent EHS objectives and meet the team’s overall objectives and deliverables.
• Ability to interact and communicate with multiple levels in the organization and external regulators or auditors.
• Bachelor’s degree (EHS related, engineering) plus 5+ years of EHS related experience or Master’s Degree (EHS related, engineering) plus 3 years of EHS related experience. EHS or Engineering professional certification is preferred, but not required.
• Work experience in implementing EHS regulations, developing programs, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations and managing cross functional teams
• Ability to establish measurable project goals and implementation plans, balance conflicting work demands, and develop action plans including the identification of resource requirements
• Ability to develop standards and /or policies that meet business objectives
• Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict constructively
• Ability to successfully manage project and programs.
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to premier perks, including:
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
Group insurance options
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
Outstanding online employee community Corporate discounts
Transportation Spending Accounts
Offered and coordinated by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
Apply Today !!!!
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs