Woodward Inc GOVT CONTRACT BUYER/PLANNER in Niles, Illinois
Under the direction of COE Procurement - the Government Contract Buyer /Planner creates, reviews and maintains valid plans of material and manages the supply base in order to meet customer demand.
- Plans, schedules, releases and manages purchase, interplant orders and work orders as required.
- Ensures Government Compliance through out the procurement process
- Executes and Manages Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA's)
- Formulates Requests for Proposals / Request for Quotes based on COE Requirements - ensuring flowdown of contractual requirements
- Manages the process and execution of the Technical Evaluation of Proposals for Best Value decisions
- Source selection and award of direct or indirect material purchase orders for assigned products
- Performs Cost/Price analysis for competitive and non-competitive procurements.
- Develops and executes strategies for negotiation of purchase order terms: price, delivery, expedites, terminations, etc.
- Conduct post award supplier management with a strong focus on internal customer support (Message Mgt)
- Works with internal and external suppliers to resolve material issues (shortages, emergency customer demands, etc.)
- Quotes deliveries for sales requests.
- Develops and maintains communication channels between various departments and the supply chain to maintain the flow of materials to support the customer.
- Reviews, communicates and acts upon anticipated delays
- Reviews anticipated shortage reports for future demands.
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes changes to supply based on the outcome of monthly S&OP meeting
- Actively look for improvements in the process in addition to maintaining and analyzing planning parameters (i.e. Lead times, lot sizes order quantities, safety stock).
- Reviews, analyzes and implements replenishment targets to support 'pull' system.
- Participates in capacity review meetings with internal and external suppliers.
- Actively work on reducing inventory/ lead times, support production improvements, and efficiencies.
- Participate in various PUN groups as required and works with IT groups to test changes and updates in the ERP system.
- Managing/ leading CI-/ Lean-projects.
- Mentoring/ training level 1 Buyer/Planners as well as internal & external suppliers.
- Support difficult customer situations, ability to resolve complex supplier situations.
- Solicit feedback from all areas of the organization to improve service, efficiency and continuity of supply
- Coordinates all aspects of the supply chain escalation.
- Function as a lead contributor able to influence and lead change.
- Resolves invoice issues, implements engineering changes, and coordinates rework and return purchase orders. Sends request for quotes to suppliers for pricing, delivery and inventory position - may be site specific.
- Communicate cost changes with Global Sourcing and update contracts as needed.
- Train suppliers to use WW systems (i.e. ebiz, POOLR, POSS, etca|)
- May be required to complete termination reports on requests from Sales.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- General Office area.
- Travel to suppliers may be required
- Clear understanding of Nondisclosure Agreement Requirements and Proprietary Data
- Knowledge of ITAR and EAR requirements
- Cost/Price analysis skills required for competitive and non-competitive procurements
- Fully knowledgable of Government Contracting and ability to teach and mentor others; including FAR, DFARS and other government regulations
- Expert knowledge of lot sizing, material planning and production scheduling.
- Expert knowledge of WISE/Cincom/SAP and use of Woodward MRP systems.
- Expert knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRPII).
- Expert knowledge of planning functions/roles.
- Solid communication skill, both verbal and written.
- Solid detail orientation and high organizational skills. Ability to manage several Projects at the same time.
- Expert process and product knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite & Database Mining software skills.
- Expert knowledge of Woodward replenishment programs. Ability to set up internal and external programs with production and customers.
- Ability to lead Continuous Improvement projects.
- Ability to lead groups in problem solving and process improvement.
Education or Formal Training:
- 4 years degree or equivalent experience required.
- APICS and CPSM/CPM Certification Prefered.
- Greenbelt certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience as Buyer / Planner in a Government Contracting environment required.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Niles
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2019, 3:21:45 PM
Req ID: 1902018