MV Transportation Auto Mechanic in Niles, Illinois
MV Transportation is seeking B Level Auto Mechanics who will perform diagnosis and repairs on a fleet of gas and diesel Ford E-450 vans/ buses. The position requires the Mechanic to diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective components, sub-components, and systems on vehicles. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repairs, or maintenance, adjustment, or component replacement.
- Maintains, adjusts, and/or repairs all bus systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems.
- Performs major overhauls, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes and steering systems.
- Changes windows and seats, and performs minor body repair.
- Operates buses in order to diagnose component failure, make roadside repairs, or move disabled buses.
- Operates heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks, brake lathes.
- Communicates, and consults with all levels of employees.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effectively use and operate the tools and equipment required for the repair and maintenance of large vehicles.
- Understand the theory, operation, and repair of engines, transmissions, ignitions, and electrical hydraulic/pneumatic cooling, heating, and brake systems.
- Learn and follow industrial and shop safety rules.
- Read and interpret technical manuals and schematics.
- Learn and effectively use personal computers and the company's software programs for inventory and parts.
- Read maps and locate road-called vehicles.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Work independently under continual training and close supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work using principles of good customer service.
- At least two (2) years of verifiable training and work experience in automotive or diesel mechanics. Ford experience a plus!
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing.
- Have taken basic automotive or heavy duty repair courses or have good understanding of basic automotive/heavy duty systems.
- Have own tools to complete most job tasks.
- Must be a least 21 years of age.
- Work well with others.
- Must be able to work any of three shifts - day, evening, or late; as scheduled, must be able to work weekend days if necessary.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Niles, IL
Job Type: AutomotiveInstallation - Maint - RepairTransportation
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 13/11/2020