Sysmex Supervisor, SRA Production in Mundelein, Illinois
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Production Supervisor. The SRA Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the production resources (Production Technicians, materials and equipment), working alongside with all SRA departments, in order to execute efficiently the production schedule. As a member of the SRA management team, the supervisor is also responsible for ensuring the production team complies with all SRA, FDA, ISO, and GMP relevant policies, regulations, and guidelines. The supervisor will guide production activities and technicians to insure production activities are efficient, accurate, compliant, and production technicians are properly trained to perform their tasks. The supervisor is responsible for making sure that daily production filling activities and data are completed correctly and entered on time. The supervisor will make sure all area and relevant SOP’s are up-to-date. The supervisor will develop short-term resolutions to problems, and assist to identify systemic solutions to prevent problem recurrence. In addition, this position also has to perform production activities and assists the Production Manager as needed. They clearly understand the Sysmex Way and exhibit those principles in their daily work. They are safety, quality and 5S leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises and assists Production Technicians in their daily duties in a cGMP, 21CFR820, ISO 13485, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 environment.
- Execute and control weekly production schedules. Inspect recorded production activity at each stage for completeness and accuracy. Write approve daily production activity times.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all production processes (Reagent Manufacturing System and equipment).
- Training SRA production technicians. Create with Manager annual Production Technician development plan and training schedule and execute it.
- Control the inventory of all production supplies.
- Champion the 5S program in the production area. Ensure the facility is clean, safe and well organized at all times and complies with OSHA’s, SRA’s and regulatory standards.
- Review and approve Production Technician time cards and absence requests. Perform the first level of performance evaluations and reviews.
- Coordinate proper resources to support validations and evaluations as related to the Production Filling department.
- Monitor team progress versus objectives versus goals, and communicate results to Associates.
- The above statement describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related preferred; 7+ years of experience in the production of liquid manufacturing/packaging in a regulated environment.
- Minimum 1-3 years of liquid or medical manufacturing and team supervising experience required.
- Forklift Operation; DOT Hazmat certificate a plus.
Knowledge of FDA (US Food and Drug Administration), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GDP (Good Documentation Practices). Internal resource: mastered production activities. External resource: Experienced with cGMP, 21CFR820, ISO (9001, 13485, 14001) requirements and processes.
Warehouse experience a plus.
Mastery level of several OJT competencies preferred.
Excellent communication skills required in directing associates in daily production tasks required; Ability to communicate well verbally and written with other members of the Sysmex team.
Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheets and email), MRP systems, SAP skills a plus.
Must work effectively with a variety of associates including production, quality control, quality assurance, human resources, supply chain, accounting and others.
- Willing to make suggestions for process improvements.
- Willingness to make sound and timely decisions and include appropriate people as needed.
- Prioritizes and organizes work activities and staff to achieve efficient production flow to meet schedules in a cost effective manner.
- Minimal travel may be required in some circumstances. (Local travel to other facilities or for training opportunities, etc.)
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
# of Openings: 1
Job ID: 2020-2020