VIVA USA Inc PEGA Software Engineer in Moline, Illinois
Req Ref No: JNILSE12 Location: Moline, IL Duration: 36.5 months
Software Engineer III MAJOR PURPOSE: Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver functionality for the complete product or products it supports. This level designs complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of a broad scope and solves well-defined problems with little guidance. May act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel; Recognized as an expert user of critical technology; develops new software functionality for product development.
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed in this job.
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
- Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
- Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
- Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
- Mentors junior software engineers on the team. QUALIFICATIONS:
Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Competencies and target level: The leadership level of the job determines competencies in the client Competency Model. Resources can be found in the Talent Central Self Service Portal.
Technical Skills & Knowledge: Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.) Education:
Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent)) Relevant work experiences:
Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
Product design, test and/or analysis experience. (4 - 7 years)
Previous experience in programming/software development. (4 - 7 years)
Software development processes experience. (4 - 7 years)
Participating in Agile Development (4 - 7 years)
Experience working in an Agile Environment (4 - 7 years)
Skills: Proven Technical Skills and Experiences – • 6 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions in Pega technologies leveraging APIs and change management • 6 or more years of understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints • 5 or more years of proven experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment • 5 or more years of deep experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery • 3 or more years of experience in cloud development with platforms like AWS or Azure • 4 or more years of working understanding of full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures • 2 or more years of experience working with a distributed computing environment Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
• Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution • Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution • Proven experience as a work lead providing technical coaching and mentoring to others • Proven strong leadership skill and experience, influence effectively, ability to resolve impediments in a timely manner • Learning Agility / Innovative - desire and openness for continuous technical learning and identifying areas for application • Growth mindset - willingness to deal and thrive in uncertainty
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.