Elliot Aviation Avionics Wiring Technician II-MLI in Moline, Illinois
General Summary: With limited supervision, assists with installation, troubleshooting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance, installations and repair of Avionics systems and components on a variety of aircraft product models in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer specifications. Prepares and completes appropriate work order documentation. Supports and records all OJT, mentoring, and training for record and personal development..
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in, and learns, high quality installation, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionic systems and components on a variety of aircraft production models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment, in a timely, clean, safe, and professional manner with no rework. Records all work performed as OJT for record and development.
- Accurately orders general components & parts, supports turn-in and record of removed parts, supports delivery and record of received parts as needed and directed.
- Performs minor troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionics systems and components in relation to system installation.
- Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer Manuals, etc. to include turnovers, and personal training logs.
- Demonstrates proficiency of Elliott Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements.
- Consistently Locates and uses appropriate technical data per system installation manual requirements and follows verbal instructions to complete assigned installation tasks. Builds and develops personal quality avionics installations and support techniques based on OJT experience to improve in proficiency and quality.
- Supports, maintains, and complies with all Environmental, Health, and Safety, for federal, OSHA, state and local regulations.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements:
Licenses: FCC license preferred.
*Physical: *Routinely lifts up to 10 lbs, occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs
Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping. Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion. Good finger dexterity. Reads and Writes, Speaks, Hears, and Understands American English Fluently. Has Visual acuity correctable to 20/20. Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying.
Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance
*Other: *Occasional overnight and short notice travel
Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
Must be able to work various shifts, as directed by management.
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalency degree required.
Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
Two years related avionics installation experience required.
Location: Moline, Illinois
Department: Avionics Shop
Location Name: Moline
Wage: Depends on Experience
Position Type: Full time