U.S. Xpress, Inc. Shop Supervisor in Markham, Illinois
Executes directives as set forth by the Maintenance Department and Maintenance Manager to guarantee safe and timely repairs to equipment in the shop for P.M. or repair. Supervise activities of shop employees to provide efficiency and productivity and safety. Troubleshoot, service, and repair tractors, trailers and related mechanical components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains a safe and efficient work environment.
- Assigns jobs to technicians and follows up on progress and provides assistance when necessary.
- Reviews Repair Orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Troubleshoots, tests, cleans and adjusts parts or assemblies, use various instruments to make sure they are working properly.
- Inspects vehicles for roadworthiness, list any work required.
- Responsible for floor level operations of the shop.
- Accounts for all employees time.
- Assists the maintenance manager with employee scheduling, productivity reviews and daily operation of the shop.
- Assists manager with repair coordination, OSHA compliance, data entry and warranty work as needed.
- Assists with managing trade equipment and new equipment in service.
- Responsible for equipment inventory at off-site vendor and shop locations.
- Responsible for driver orientation.
- Responsible for functions at the fuel island.
- Performs daily fleet inspections.
- Assists manager with trade equipment tracking and quality control.
- Ensures inspection of reseated trucks.
- Meets with staff to ensure consistency with company policy and procedure and other issue resolutions.
- Assist with training of shop employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 4 years in shop or with trucks required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Able to work with hands tools
- Technical aptitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of corporate tire program.
- Understands all the Freightliner Self-Paced Modules.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose component problems.
- Understands all maintenance sections of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Qualified inspector of Equipment Annual Inspection as defined under FHWA 396.12.
- Qualified Brake Inspector as defined under FHWA 396.25.
- Normal eyesight and hearing
- Driver’s license essential.
Supervisory Responsibility:2-12 Coordinators
Work Environment:this job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.
Date Posted: 07 / 24 / 2018
Shift Details: Tues-Sat 3:00pm-1:00am
Requisition Number: 11008
Shift: Weekday - Nights
Full/Part Time Status: Full Time