Thomson Industries, Inc Buyer Planner - J3T7ND6WXH7ZKLCK30W in Marengo, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7785129 Picture yourself at Thomson.
For more than 70 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies. In short, we help our customers build better machines to improve lives.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,300+ employees at facilities across North America, Europe and Asia. Our corporate strategy requires that we recruit and develop only the finest people to guide and sustain our business' long-term growth. In return, Thomson offers a challenging, yet fun, work environment and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com.
nThe purpose of this position is to perform and manage the buying/planning functions. Duties include responsibility for material replenishment process management, inventory management, supplier management, customer relations and job planning activities to support 100% on-time delivery and cost goals. n
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: This position significantly impacts on-time delivery, quality, and cost of our product lines.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: The Buyer Planner will work closely with Production Management and Operations to insure flow of materials as well as with Suppliers on delivery needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Place purchase orders for materials and confirm delivery with suppliers, expedite material as needed
• Lead Lean Materials process improvement initiatives
• Drive inventory reduction and cost savings through lean tools and supplier negotiations
• Coordinate schedules with outside suppliers and internal operations
• Work closely with Internal Customers to prioritize production schedule and backlog
• Monitor Kanban Ordering system, resize to current demand patterns
• Drive inventory reduction, cost savings and OTD
• Resolve Invoice Matching Accounts Payable issues as required
• Support Customer Service, Product Managers and Engineering as required
• Resolve and work on quality issues with the quality team and suppliers
• Drive FAI process by using lean tools like FPQP
• Other duties as assigned
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field with 2 years planning or purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment OR 8 years minimum manufacturing experience with at least 4 years planning and/or purchasing in a manufacturing environment
• Strong technical background, combination of education and work experience
• Ability to read Blue Prints
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytic skills, a high degree of Microsoft Excel knowledge is required
• Good organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to analyze data, form strategic plans and execute at the tactical level
• Kanban experience, Oracle software is preferred
• Understanding of concepts in a Lean Manufacturing Environment and Kanban Supply Chains
• Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
• Change Agent, demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Green Card holder (for ITAR compliance purposes)
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommod