Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Electrical Instrumentation Technician in Madison, Illinois
Madison, IL, USA
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of the leading producers of ethanol in the world. Through our adjacent businesses we are focused on the production of high-protein feed ingredients and export growth opportunities.
Position: Electrical Instrumentation Technician
Location: Madison, IL
Job Summary: The Electrical Instrumentation Technician position is a maintenance crew member assigned to perform maintenance which includes areas of expertise in electrical maintenance and installation, instrumentation, controls, PLC/DCS programming and troubleshooting. Primary goal is to assure safe and efficient production by responding to changing conditions in timely manner. Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following working in all areas of the plant:
- Instrumentation and Electrical repair and troubleshooting
- Electrical Repairs: Motors, Motor Starters, Running Conduit and wire pulling
- Troubleshooting and repair of PLC/DCS systems
- Programming of PLC/DCS systems
- 60-70% of position is conducting electrical repairs and installations
- Moves, sets, calibrates, as needed, controls such as: knobs, valves, switches, levers, and index arms, on control panels to control process variables such as: flows, temperatures, pressures, vacuum, time, and chemicals, by automatic regulation and remote control of processing units such as: heaters, coolers, thermal oxidizer, compressors, exchangers, and other units
- Determines malfunctioning units by observing control instruments, such as meters and gauges or by automatic warning signals, such as lights and sounding of horns
- Inspects equipment to determine location and nature of malfunction such as: leaks, breakages and faulty valves Determines repair and maintenance of equipment
- Patrols units to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Lubricates equipment
- 3+ year of mechanical experience
- High School Diploma or GED *Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Familiarity with industrial equipment operations and care
- Experience with Arc and MIG welding
- Mechanical background with bearing changes, pumps, conveyors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge in the areas of planning, organizing, interpersonal communications
- Strong Electrical Experience required *PLC/DCS knowledge
- Knowledge of Hart Communication Systems, Profibus wiring and com methods, and Device-net
- Ability to read and update electrical prints
- Understanding of discrete and analog systems
- Pneumatic Experience & Hydraulic Experience strongly preferred
Interested applicants, please apply online at: www.gpreinc.com/careers All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Posted: January 15, 2021