American NTN Bearing Mfg. Corp. Tool & Die Maker in Macomb, Illinois
Job Title Job Code Grade
Tool & Die Maker 19A
Location Name Location Code F.L.S.A. EE-O-1
Macomb Plant 0104A Hourly Non-Exempt 6H
Department Name Reports To
Tool Room Department Supervisor
General Statement of Responsibilities:
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machines. Tools, fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metal working dies, cutting tools, jigs, and fixtures, gages, and handtools by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties (Other duties may be assigned as necessary)
1) Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
2) Performs rework as needed on tooling, dies, machine parts and components of roller bearings.
3) Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines sequence of operations. Sets up and operates machines such as lathes, milling machines, shaper, and grinder to specifications and verifies conformance to specifications.
4) Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining. Lifts parts to be machined and positions and secures parts on work table.
5) Examines machined parts and reworks as needed. Fits and assembles parts together as needed. Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
6) Works with heat treat personnel to heat treat tools or parts as needed.
7) Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components appropriate to the tool & die work being performed.
8) Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs or fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of parts.
9) Perform welding operations as needed.
10) Cooperate with the manufacturing and engineering departments in the development of parts, dies, and tools and assists with other special projects when necessary.
11) Support the plant quality systems goals / improvements and productivity goals & improvements within the scope of the job.
12) Support the plant safety programs and goals within the scope of the job.
13) Regular and predictable attendance.
14) Compliance with applicable Company, Corporate, State, and Federal regulations.
15) 5S (Sort, Shine, Set in Order, Standardize, and Sustain) is required of every job.
Education & Experience:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two - year college or technical school; or one to two years of related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Math, & Reasoning Ability requirements:
Language - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organizations. *Math - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions. Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. *
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. *Work Environment - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. *
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The qualifications, physical demands, & work environment specifications listed in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this job's essential functions.
Job: Maintenance Technician
Primary Location: Illinois-Macomb-707 N. Bower Road
Job Posting: Feb 4, 2021, 12:00:00 AM
Req ID: 707123