Alight Workday Integrations Associate Consultant, Application Management Services (AMS) - Lincolnshire, IL preferred or Charlotte, NC office in Lincolnshire, Illinois
As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help 23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
As a Workday Integrations Associate Consultant, a typical day to include the following:
Primarily responsible for ensuring timely execution of ongoing client deliverable and consulting with clients on services. Develops solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains or clients. May have budget accountability, lead implementations and complex projects or lead parts of the requirements process, participate in client sales meetings as a Subject Matter Expert in a given domain area.
· Responsible for managing and working larger and more complex projects through the project life-cycle.
· Typically specializes and deepens skill set within a particular area, i.e, either technical or focuses efforts within a functional area such as payroll, HCM, compensation, benefits, etc.
· Considered a subject matter expert for clients and other colleagues to find the right solution to the business problem.
· Develops working relationships with other members of the project team and management as well as external clients.
· Ability to be effectively and actively engage on multiple or parallel clients, projects or assignments.
· Depending on the project or task may play the role or combination of roles as a lead, domain lead, consultant, developer, architect or manager.
· Understands business requirements, configures the solution, develops prototype systems and assists with testing.
· Performs principal consulting duties as a lead on Workday and client driven changes, responsible for managing and executing the requirements, analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
· Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills.
· Communicates effectively with team members and clients.
· Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision.
· Maintains an accurate work forecast and proactively raises hand when expects capacity.
· Spends the majority of time building – learning new techniques, building deep subject matter expertise in the system, guiding others in how to build.
· Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule.
· Recognizes business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
· Performs research on problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies corrective measures. Seeks opinions and feedback on alternative solutions and implements those that have been agreed upon by the team.
· Completes his or her own assignments on time and with quality and suggests opportunities for quality and process improvements.
· Perform peer review of requirements and design documents.
· Perform design and build review for high complexity integrations.
· Understands the value of a project plan adheres to established processes and standards, monitors progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to appropriate team members as it relates to project issues.
· Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverable, facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information.
· Understands the importance of client satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the client. Communicates client feedback to senior team members. Understands and follows internal processes in responding to client needs.
· Often a team lead, providing guidance, instruction and coaching to more junior team members both onsite and offshore.
· Answers all inquiries in a timely basis.
· Develops estimates and high level scope and timing.
· Responsible for evaluating integration trends and overall integration health, recognizing business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
· Active participant in implementation to BAU KT sessions.
· Develops root cause summary for integration related incidents.
· Keeps requirements, design, process and other technical documentation current.
· Primary for impact assessment of integration failures, delays or Workday Outages and communicating to Integration manager and AMS account managers. Also, responsible for reviewing community alerts for possible impact.
· Consults on the integration with other Alight or POV Solutions and technologies and how they interact with Workday, ie EFTs, MoveIT, TBA, etc.
· Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
· Able to develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to the organization’s business operations.
· Able to pull in parties across domains and technologies to work a business problem.
· Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Decisions normally have impact on the functional area and on clients and/or other parts of the company.
· Decisions are typically guided by functional practices, management precedents and professional standards.
· Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
· Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice and recommendations within specific functional areas.
· Operates independently and with initiative according to established standards and principles.
· May manage, supervise or provide support, guidance and training to others.
Knowledge and Expertise of:
· 3 plus years previous experience implementing/supporting HCM, Payroll, or Financial solutions or has deep HR, Payroll or Financial experience with a demonstrated aptitude for systems implementation.
· Experience implementing/supporting Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, other SaaS based applications or similar is preferred.
· Previous consulting experience preferred, either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
· Previous analyst experience, technical or functional, expected.
· Familiarity or prior work experience with object-oriented programming, API’s, XML rendering, XLT’s, web services.
· Ability and willingness to travel to client sites on average up to 25% of the time.
· Workday Integrations Certified required.
· Workday Studio Certification preferred.
· Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as advanced knowledge of a functional area.
· Gathers, defines and develops integration requirements.
· Responsible for troubleshooting complex and critical issues and providing solutions.
· Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs and influences the responsiveness of other colleagues. Completes assigned tasks in prescribed times related to deliverables, understanding priorities and requesting help and support when needed.
· Understands quality standards for own work and checks own work upon the completion of each task. Advocates and evaluates quality standards.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment towards the job and goals of the organization.
· Participates as member of the team, understanding and responding to the various working styles of others and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members.
· Accepts and adapts to change as directed and understands that it is a constant and necessary path for professional growth.
· Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths and takes appropriate actions to deepen skills through training and development initiatives.
· Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work, follows through on tasks and commitments and keep information confidential, as warranted. Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Models and ensures integration and alignment across services.
· Able to provide recommendations and options to clients using experience and knowledge of other client installs to help a client evaluate the right solution for them.
· Keeps pace with new functionality from Workday in order to influence the strategic direction of clients.
· Provides guidance and direction to more junior colleagues.
· Will typically possess subject matter expertise in more than one domain area.
· Assesses service delivery risks and takes necessary actions to mitigate.
· Coordinates releases and priorities with account team and client.
· Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent in technical, business or financial disciplines.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Alight unlocks enterprise growth for the world’s most influential companies with future ready human capital and business solutions. We combine industry leading data and insights with unmatched depth and operational expertise to improve the employee experience and optimize cloud-enabled business processes. Our 15,000 colleagues proudly serve thousands of clients and their more than 30 million employees and family members throughout 180 countries. Learn how Alight helps organizations of all sizes, including over 70% of the Fortune 100, achieve next level transformation at alight.com .
Our values are the essence of who we are:
We believe in the power of people and know that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We act with respect and accountability, mindful that our actions affect the lives of millions in meaningful ways.
Excellence Every Day
We believe that every day is an opportunity for growth and are energized by going above and beyond what’s expected. We are one team, hungry for results, we focus on what matters, and know that for even the most difficult challenges, there is a solution – and we will find it.
We continuously reimagine what the future could be and believe that tomorrow is created by the actions we take today. We learn from one another, champion progress and challenge the status quo.
We are brave in spirit, act decisively, learn quickly and get it done.
We are forthright and genuine when we speak. People can always trust us to say what we mean and depend on us to do what we say.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
We understand the powerful human connections that create success for organizations. We bring an industry leader's expertise and a true partner's commitment to our benefits and administration solutions around health, wealth, HR, finance and consumer experience.
Are you interested in helping us shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families? If so, you've come to the right place.
Help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive!
Our story starts with a simple, universal truth: Every business is a people business. We are Alight Solutions. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.