PDS Tech Inc Lead HSE Engineer in Lincolnshire, Illinois
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a HSE Engineer in Lincolnshire, IL
• Supervisor is not on site. Will get candidate up to speed, but then should be able to know what needs to be done and when
• They make spiral conveyor systems- allows products/boxes to go from 1 level to another
• Things completed at this site- a lot of metal work, welding, milling, painting…
• Need someone who knows OSHA requirements/standards
• Need someone who has worked in a manufacturing environment
• HUGE PLUS- someone who knows machine guarding and following the OSHA standards
• Plus- shipment of hazardous wastes
• Willing to roll up sleeves and go on floor to give directions, coach and mentor on safey
• Will be part of touch point meetings with Supervisor who is off site, and on an as needed basis
• Should be computer literate
• Understanding of OSHA and Environmental requirements for manufacturing operations and warehouse operations.
• Provides advice and support on HSE&F concerns and works with employees at all organizational levels to affect sustainable corrective action strategies. Serves as adviser to safety committees and teams.
• Works to ensure continuous improvement opportunities within HSE&F.
• Participates in Client Operating System meetings such as Tier meetings.
• Works with facilities maintenance and operations maintenance.
• Documents inspections and other HSE requirements.
• Onboards new employees regarding HSE requirements.
• Facilitates root cause analyses of injuries, accidents, and events. Works with teams and leads investigations and prepares appropriate written reports for leadership review.
• Conducts internal HSE&F audits to verify compliance levels. Evaluates site HSE&F management system, procedures, and implements changes to maximize effectiveness and sustainability.
• Provides technical guidance to management and employees to minimize risks associated with tasks, assignments, production/manufacturing, and facilities (includes work done at the location and at customer locations).
• Reviews new processes, equipment, and chemicals from a HSE&F perspective and ensures appropriate controls are established prior to introduction into the workplace.
• Delivers HSE&F training on required regulatory, corporate and site-specific topics.
• Routinely interfaces and inter
• Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Science, Engineering or similar technical course work or degree emphasis.
• Minimum of five (5) years of HSE experience in manufacturing, construction, field service or utilities.
• Action and ability to lead and influence others to achieve HSE goals and objectives in diverse work environments.
• Thorough understanding of HSE regulatory requirements and professional best practices.
• Self-directed with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs