Aon Corporation Infrastructure Automation Engineer in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For an Infrastructure Automation Engineer
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Automation Platform Service business group within Aon Services Corporation in Lincolnshire, IL. As a Infrastructure Automation Engineer, you will report directly to the Technical Architect Lead.
Your Impact an Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Job Description: The Infrastructure Automation Engineer role will provide technical solutions to Aon businesses leveraging Infrastructure Automation and Orchestration best practices. He or she will be responsible for implementing and supporting infrastructure automation products in line with Aon’s Strategy across a complex global environment. This engineer will be responsible for creating standards and implementing modern solutions around infrastructure automation configuration management.
- Implementing and supporting a configuration management tool (e.g. Puppet, Chef and/or Ansible) for infrastructure automation across a complex global environment.
- Identify new infrastructure automation products to address automation gaps across technology stacks
- Colleague demonstrates solid problem-solving techniques across multiple areas of technology and operational models.
- Coaches others to build problem-solving skills.
- Gathers and analyzes business needs and requirements. Colleague is able to provide/suggest multiple solutions within and outside the colleague's area of expertise to meet needs.
- Colleague produces solid technical documentation and seeks and incorporates feedback where appropriate.
- Colleague coaches others in writing technical documents.
- Colleague mentors others in designing effective architecture.
- Colleague interprets and executes the project management methodology. Colleague coaches others to understand and execute the project management methodology.
- Lead client environment and systems requirement meetings to elicit and understand the client's needs/requirements and identify issues to complete the scoping.
- Configure and install the application to support requirements and design.
- Take a strong lead in working with the client throughout the life of a project.
- Evaluates and synthesizes predictions for growth. For example, evaluates new hardware and software to determine its need and cost vs. benefit and/or application in the existing system.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 2+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure Configuration Management.
- 5+ years of IT experience ideally in a System Administration role.
- Technical experience supporting and implementing automation and configuration management products such as Puppet, Chef and/or Ansible in a complex global environment.
- Experience working with supporting configuration tools, such as Artifactory, Git, Jenkins, Chocolatey, JIRA, etc.
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of Puppet internals including DSL, Manifests, Hiera, Facter, Resources, PQL and Bolt is a plus.
- Must have experience supporting multi different operating systems (Linux, Windows, and Solaris).
- Vendor Interaction experience for different vendors like Puppet, etc.
- Vast experience in implementing configuration management automation across different infrastructure technology stacks.
- Strong working knowledge of software development and continuous integration processes.
- Experience in client presentation and developing long lasting client relationships.
- Experience in gathering requirements via workshops and interviews and delivering the requirements documents.
- Demonstrates excellent independent problem solving, analytical, and resolution skills.
- Self-starter; ability to begin working with minimal coaching.
- Strong communication, technical writing, and customer service skills.
- Exhibits the ability to adapt and be flexible with a growing and changing environment.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science/IT/Information Systems or Equivalent
- Puppet Certified.
- ITIL Certified with experience of successful implementations is a plus.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2449291
Category: Information Technology
Location: United States, IL, Lincolnshire