Argonne National Laboratory Quality Assurance Coordinator in Lemont, Illinois
Quality Assurance Coordinator
Requisition Number: 405014 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Technical Support Division: NSE-Nuclear Science and Engineering
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PT3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Quality Assurance Coordinator position with our Nuclear Science and Engineering division. In this role, you will provide for development of quality assurance (QA) programs, including planning, implementation, guidance to technical experts, evaluation and review of activities based on applicable standards and requirements such as ASME NQA-1, DOE Order 414 (series), 10CFR830 Sub-part A and laboratory-wide requirements.
You will also serve as a primary resource support authority on compliance and QA program assessment documentation and develop and use training material for technical personnel on aspects of quality assurance and quality control-requirements in areas that include research & development, design, and operation environments.
We expect you to have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Quality program development and administration for laboratory or high hazard and nuclear facilities; regulatory processes, certifications and experiences to include; American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME) NQA-1 and ISO 9001 and other standards.
- QA program concepts, and the understanding of how to develop concrete program attributes in an research and development environment with requirements and guidance documentation for meeting 10CFR830 subpart A and DOE Order 414 (series) quality requirements and expectations.
- Interpretation of regulations and establishing the means of meeting the requirements in a diverse engineering environment.
- Implementation processes that ensure that quality assurance requirements are properly reflected in procurement documentation.
- Work with engineering personnel, to ensure procedures reflect the requirements of a nuclear grade quality assurance program.
- Ability to motivate and guide multidisciplinary personnel and act in a lead functional role in translating Quality Assurance (QA) program requirements into floor level procedures and methods.
- Pprovide daily direction to and oversight of both experienced and inexperienced personnel.
- Mentor staff on implementation and compliance with QA program requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level (PT3 or PT4) depending upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge, skills, and experience brought to the position. The requirements for the desired levels are as follows:
PT3: Bachelor's degree and 4+ Years of experience or equivalent
PT4: Bachelor's degree and 6+ Years of experience or equivalent
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.