Michael Foods 3rd Shift Pelbo Lead 9:00 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. in Lansing, Illinois
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities; this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in training of all processing and production personnel in the assigned department. Assists the supervisor in updating training for the existing personnel whenever equipment changes are instituted or new procedures are implemented.
- Helps in providing a safe work environment for all personnel. Also helps ensure that all production complies with the food safety standards as established by Michael Foods, Inc.
- Works with supervisors to help maintain sanitation standards of the facility.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
- Gives work direction to the packaging operators and utility people, to best organize their time during set up, charge overs and run time to ensure that everything is done accurately, quickly, and safely.
- Coordinates with the processors the time that the system will be ready to run, the lines that will be running, the amount and type of product that will be run and matching and line sterilization to meet the production requirements set by the company.
- Maintain an effective working relationship between all members of the department and other areas
- Verify that all operator down time, temperature charts and any other documentation needed is accurate and complete before it is turned into the shift supervisor to maintain accurate records for the company and USDA
- Communicate and work closely with the Pasteurizer and Packaging leads to ensure efficient flow of product, preventing any lost production time to the pasteurizers.
- Manage the incoming flow of pasteurized eggs. Maintaining first in/first out for any egg that has to be off-stacked, preventing egg from timing out.
- Communicate with co-workers at shift change to insure accurate information is transferred between shifts regarding production, scheduling, etc
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Responsible for operating the Pelbo machine according to direction from the supervisor.
- Monitor automatic mechanical loading of individual flats onto conveyor ensuring the machine does not jam.
- Oversee entire procedure ensuring there are no jams from the time a flat enters the line until it exits and stacks at the other end of the machine.
- Responsible for cleaning/sanitizing machines when needed.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Must be able to follow all of the PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements and safety procedures
- Must be able to follow all of the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) procedures, "washing hands, etc." throughout the day
- Must be able to follow all of the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) guidelines
- Must be able to follow all of the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures). Must keep all of records updated
- Must be able to follow all of the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) regulations and guidelines
- Reports and fills out work orders on maintenance issues as they relate to productivity, food safety, quality, and human safety to maintenance
- Encourage suggestions from employees which will improve productivity, quality, and/or control cost of production
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent
- Have ability to bend, stoop and reach while lifting carrying stacks of empty flats.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to work indoors in a wet and humid environment and stand on hard surfaces.
- Ability to travel stairs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Basic mechanical abilities.
- Ability to do a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Have the ability to follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Safety regulations and wear the proper PPE for the position.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
Ability to operate specific equipment or tools
Skill in working with computers and experience with spreadsheet and word-processing software.
Familiarity with special terminology such as legal, medical, or scientific terms
Fluency in a language other than English
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.