Cognosante DevOps Engineer (AWS and/or Azure) in Hines, Illinois
Location: Hines, IL
Travel: 10% / Flexible
Remote Work Option: No
Cognosante is seeking to fill DevOps Engineer positions in support of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cloud Operations and Migration Services (COMS) capability to provide operational input and support for the operations, maintenance, and refinement of VA’s Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) environment, execution support for migrating new and legacy VA applications and services to cloud computing and continuous improvement of VA’s IT infrastructure.
The candidate will support our VA clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape. This includes: working with our Cloud Architects when interviewing clients to understand application and infrastructure current state; working with our Cloud Architects leading client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans; and working with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform.
The Cloud Administrator must have expertise with Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
As DevOps Engineer, you will design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflow, and determine the best solutions for a successful project, and share knowledge of IaaS, Automation and Big Data. As a part of our vision and innovation the Cloud Services team will help our organization adopt Cloud native solutions. This key role will work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction. To be successful in this role the candidate must have deep knowledge cloud technologies and align technology solutions to specific business objectives.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflow, and determine the best solutions for a successful project
- Work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction
- Assist Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements
- Utilize the future VA Enterprise Cloud Operational Tools (VAECOT), CSP native portals and tools, and/or other VA TRM-approved tools necessary to provide operations and migration support
- Utilize automation tool such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configure monitoring solution for AWS for Windows and Linux servers
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage
- Develop unit tests, configure tools, write build scripts for the VA Enterprise Cloud (Azure and AWS)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education).
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant DevOps experience in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Previous Federal Government experience preferably at VA
- Experience with VA’s configuration of IBM Rational Toolset for management, configuration and reporting of work products.
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Experience with agile and DevOps model
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation, AWS CLI, Azure PowerShell
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
C ognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Cognosante is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-206-6015 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.