United States Steel Process Coordinator - Maintenance Planning in Granite City, Illinois
8967BRMid-Level:GRANITE CITY WORKSWork Location:GRANITE CITY WORKSJob Description:The Process Coordinator - Planning & Scheduling will provide ongoing technical and maintenance support to Operating units for the identification of opportunities to increase the reliability of equipment assets to world-class standards. This person will assist plant reliability specialists with field audit techniques and equipment data gathering at the plant level and coordinate technical writing efforts of preventive maintenance documents for critical plant equipment. T
• Manage process line hourly planners to achieve world reliability
• Conduct weekly communications with all Plant Reliability Managers to review adherence to Corporate PM program objectives.
• Work with all plant department reliability assurance specialists to insure critical equipment listings are accurate & complete.
• Coordinate the plant’s mechanical & electrical technical writing efforts of preventive maintenance documents for specific plant critical equipment.
• Furnish recommendations for equipment lubrication schedules; including special purpose lubrication products & specifications, lubrication task frequency, & best practice lubrication methods
• Develop & conduct PM document development training.
• Assist plant reliability specialists with field audit techniques and equipment data gathering.
• Conduct plant site audits of PM field tasks to insure standardized work instructions are clear and complete.
• Assist plant representatives with the development of basic PM document format. Assist with both basic and advanced PM task descriptions.
Review draft version PM documents for clear descriptions, format consistency, & propose technical revisions where required.
• Monitor & track progress of the PM quality initiative program & generate a monthly status report
• Continue to develop new equipment component modules to further enhance the Corporate PM phrase library.
• Manage new PM documents within the Corporate EDMS system.
• Identify Operational delays and lead activities for problem-solving and continuous improvement activities.
• Develop monthly progress reports for Operating areas under your responsibility.
• Develop effective PM’s for equipment to support business unit metrics.
• Provide direction for Q.I.T. and other support groups to assist Operating units and meet Business Plan objectives.
• Interact with other Operating facilities to ensure consistent practices are maintained.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or six or more years of demonstrated knowledge in a Mechanical maintenance environment is required.
Job Planning experience; good organizational & analytical skills.
3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.Auto req ID:8967BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Process Coordinator - Maintenance Planning/SchedulingState/Province:US - ILWork Location - City:Granite City Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.