Honeywell Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist in Freeport, Illinois
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Develop and drive the Regional Projects/ Site Sourcing plans per Annual Operation Plan and Strategic Plan. You will have site/ project responsibility for driving competitive commodity and category supply strategies to achieve lowest Total Cost for your site, reduced Working capital via Negotiation planning and execution, High Growth Region Sourcing, Value Engineering and Sole/ Single Source elimination. You will manage Supplier Performance to support your commodity/category and/or region and ensure supply continuity. You will be managing several projects in dynamic environment. You will ensure compliance with company business policies and procedures, Export /Import regulations.
· Support Business for Sourcing scope needs for Projects (Pursuit and Execute) or Site
· Prepare Sourcing Plans for Project or site applying Sole source elimination, e sourcing, Value Engineering and High Growth region sourcing techniques
· Manage Supplier selection, RFQ and RFI process,
· Negotiation, Contracting and supplier performance processes
· Work with cross-functional global team to support business needs from strategic Sourcing perspective
· Improve Working Capital through Payment Terms extensions, Payment cycle optimization, Vendor Managed Inventories, Inventory and Lead time reductions
· Conduct market screening to find new suppliers
· Secure strong supply base through establishment of long-lasting relationships with new as well as existing suppliers.
· Providing solutions to improve company spending and outsourcing
This position can be located in Fort Mill, SC or Freeport, IL
YOU MUST HAVE
3+ years’ experience in sourcing processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field.
· Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Tools
· Import/Export Knowledge
· Experience in managing several projects in dynamic site environment
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies.
Strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs