Honeywell Maintenance Mechanical Technician - 3rd Shift in Freeport, Illinois
Maintenance Mechanical Technician - 3rd Shift
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Use your knowledge of electrical and mechanical skills to help Honeywell SPS deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our facilities and customers. You will work under immediate supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented technicians. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation of sensing products by, testing and/or validating equipment. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise and ensure the success of the site's commitment to the organization and its customers.
Work with, maintain and repair complex and innovative equipment and machinery
Use your technician skills by working on exciting products and technologies
Broaden and expand your knowledge by learning from highly experienced technician and participating in challenging assignments
20 Perform testing of equipment
20 Perform routine maintenance task
20 Review drawings and schematics
20 Perform equipment troubleshooting
20 Perform preventative maintenance inspections
* You Must Have: *
- US citizen or permanent resident required due to government contracts
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of 8,000 hour apprenticeship in machine repair or 5 or more years previous machine repair experience in a related manufacturing environment
- Work from verbal instructions, part prints, assembly prints, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics to diagnose problems and plan work.
- Demonstrate proficiency utilizing a personal computer and related data bases including computerized maintenance management systems.
- Order parts and materials directly from OEMs and distributors by using appropriate Honeywell purchasing requirements.
- Disassemble, repair, replace, adjust, time and reassemble mechanisms and machines.
- Align and adjust equipment fixtures, tooling, spindles, and work components.
- Machine replacement or repair parts and components through the precision use of lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and similar machine tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in welding, soft solder braze, and silver solder, through the use of D.C., TIG, MIG welders, oxy-acetylene welding and cutting equipment, propane torches, and similar welding equipment.
Nonexempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD27778
- Category: Facilities
- Location: 315 E Stephenson St, Plant 1, Freeport, IL 61032-4353 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.