RELX Group Solutions Architect - Accuity in Evanston, Illinois
Solutions Architect - Accuity
Location: Evanston, Illinois, United States
Solutions Architect for Accuity – Part of Reed Business Information (FTSE100 RELX Gr oup)
Solutions Architect for Accuity, fast growing FinTech/anti Financial Crime brand within global finance/risk/banking
A fast-growth $250m technology business, Accuity are a market leading provider of data, software, and risk analysis solutions to clients across the global banking, financial services, and government sectors. We are seeking a Solutions Architect to provide solutions design and technical expertise for our suite of financial software and data products. You will have the opportunity to work across a diverse set of platforms that are mission-critical to our customers, all with high performance, security and availability requirements. This role will extend Accuity’s UK and global architecture team, working together to define our future technology choices, deployment patterns and solution best practices.
- Designing and planning secure, highly available solutions using cloud hosting (AWS) and private virtualized hosting.
- Working with Accuity development teams around the US and Europe to provide technical architecture guidance.
- Reviewing and prioritizing changes to existing platforms to ensure they always follow the latest best practices and best technology choices.
- Taking an active role in the technology strategy of Accuity.
- Evaluating new technologies to determine how they could benefit our products.
The successful candidate will work within a structured environment and have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the Architecture strategy and practice.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience using Data Architecture, Modelling, Warehousing, BI.
- Experience working in the financial services sector is a plus.
- Proven experience working in an Architecture role preferably within a Big 4, consultancy, ISV or enterprise software vendor.
- Solutions Architecture and Design experience across a broad portfolio of software, cloud and / or data projects.
- Solutions Architecture and Design experience across the entire project lifecycle.
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders to translate business and non-functional requirements into technology solutions.
- Experience of devising architecture strategy to support future business goals.
- Experience of defining roadmaps, current / future state models and maintaining architecture documentation.
- Experience of providing technical direction to development teams on solutions implementation and governance.
- Any architecture certifications e.g. TOGAF is a plus.
- A ble to design, integrate, and manage complex solutions (multi-platform, multi-technology).
- Strong Proficiency across enterprise and large scale Web applications architecture.
- Experience of On-Premise, Virtualization and Cloud based Infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Knowledge of applications on multiple Operating Systems (Linux, Windows).
- Strong experience of programming languages such as C#, Java.
- Worked in an agile software development environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Platforms ideally AWS.
- Knowledge of security best practices and tools.
- Excellent problem-solving ability including leading teams to identify, research and coordinate resource to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Experience of working within a changing commercial environment
- Experience of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Mongo, etc.
- Experience of Big Data platforms advantageous e.g. Hadoop, Spark, HPCC, etc.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure desirable.
- Experience with DevOps, Build and Deployment automation tools such as Puppet, Jenkins, and Docker.
- Experience of performance and load testing approaches.
- Experience of applying Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Contributed to business cases to drive technology change.