Clearwater Paper Corporation Mechanical Technician in Elwood, Illinois
Clearwater Paper manufactures quality consumer tissue, away-from-home tissue, hard roll tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing facilities across the nation. The Company is a premier supplier of private label tissue to major retailers and wholesale distributors, including grocery, drug, mass merchants and discount stores. In addition, the Company produces bleached paperboard used by quality-conscious printers and packaging converters. Clearwater Paper's employees build shareholder value by developing strong customer partnerships through quality and service.
At Clearwater Paper, we have made it a priority to build a clearly defined workplace culture that is consistent companywide. Key aspects of our culture include:
• Clear Values. We embrace and practice integrity, openness and candor; environmental responsibility; a commitment to quality; and a focus on customers.
• Continuous improvement. We believe there are always opportunities to raise the bar and get better. We engage our employees in improving both the business and their performance.
Troubleshooting and repairing computerized converting equipment.
• Participate in the Safety Program.
• Provide effective customer service to the production operations
• Complete regular preventive maintenance functions, observations and inspections on production and support equipment.
• Maintain mechanical portions of converting equipment in acceptable working order.
• Assist operations as needed with changeovers and equipment
• • Must have a High School Diploma or GED
• An Associate degree in Industrial Technology or Maintenance would be desirable
• Legally permitted to work in the U.S.
• Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic English
• Minimum 2 years of demonstrated mechanical maintenance experience or 2 years of related education in lieu of experience.
• Demonstrated experience working with pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor systems, gearboxes, and automated equipment.
• Experienced in working with computerized maintenance system preferred.
• • Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, and automated system problems.
• Experience working with Perini rewinders; UNO wrappers, Infinity wrappers; folded machines and/or experience in troubleshooting and performing maintenance on packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to use basic mechanical measurement tools, such as calipers, micrometers, and precision scales
• Ability to use mathematics to calculate required measurements for repairs to mechanical components
• Ability to use basic mechanical shop tools such as drill press, cutoff saw and other basic fabrication tools
Repair and replace damaged or worn parts/equipment as needed.
Perform preventative maintenance such as examining for worn parts, cleaning and lubricating equipment.
Perform emergency repairs as needed.
Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
Operate and inspect machines and equipment in order to diagnose defects.
Using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment.
Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
Weld or solder broken parts using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
Housekeeping duties in the maintenance shop (sweeping, organizing work area.)
Internal applicants must be in good standing.
Req No.: 2021-4550
Post End Date: 1/29/2021
Street: 21561 W Mississippi St