Aerotek CNC Machinist (Level 3) in ELMHURST, Illinois
This position is for a CNC Machinist - Lathe in a job shop, manufacturing environment. The company has a variety of products and perform a good amount of short runs with their machines.
This position will focus on their traditional Lathe (Not Swiss) but they have Mori Seiki NL1500 Lathes, Swiss Lathe Machines, 11 Haas VF2 (3 Axis), 2 Haas VF-2 (2+3 Axis), and DMG Mori (5 Axis) CNC Milling Machines, and they do have Wire EDM Machine. They machine products out of Titanium, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum. They do program offline using MasterCam and Esprit for their Swiss Machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
CNC Machinist 3
• Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
• Prepares and pre-sets all tools needed for machining operations.
• Verifies that fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding milling and boring sizes, depths, angles, or other specifications.
• Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and work piece on machine.
• Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine magazines.
• Loads control media or disk, in machine controller or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
• Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
• Conducts prove-outs and manual programming during setups as needed.
• Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
• Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
• Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
• Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
• Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs