Airgas Usa LLC Production Supervisor (3rd Shift) in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
/Are you ready to be a part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?/
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Production Supervisor in Elk Grove Village, IL!
What you will do:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day to day activities for a segment within the industrial, specialty and medical distribution and gas filling operations of a production location. This hands-on position assists with managing all gas cylinder processing, ultrasonic testing, and compliance with all Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), SAFECORE, and other business related compliance activities. * * * * Your responsibilities:
- Supervises the activities of 2 or more plant production associates to accomplish job duties.
- Partners with other Plant Supervisors to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Promotes a strong safety and compliance culture correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay and enforcing safety regulations.
- Assigns task to workers according to customers’ needs, current stock levels and worker’s expertise.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Recommends or initiates associateactions, such as new hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, performance improvement and disciplinary measures.
- Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages or may fill in as needed.
- Provides assistance to the Plant Manager with regard to planning and managing capital investments.
- Coordinates the proper inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will have:
- High school degree/GED required. Associate’s degree or technical degree/certification preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a leadership role within a distribution environment preferred.
- Prefer prior technical experience with compressed gases, gas analysis and gas lab equipment.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- * We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are: Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team? “Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta “Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire “Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Production Supervisor (3rd Shift)
Location: Illinois-Elk Grove Village-60007
Requisition ID: 29863