BWAY Corporation Maintenance Mechanic in Elk Grove Village, IL at Mauser Packaging Solutions in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Plant Name: Elk Grove Village – Lively
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair basic mechanical components and replace parts on machines such as bearings, filters, wiring, valves, gauges and switches
- Observe and listen to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of problem
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Lubricate and clean machinery and support equipment to maintain housekeeping and preventive maintenance standards within the plant
- Document and track changeover times and record
- Accomplish all work requests to maintain safety; reduce downtime; decrease scrap; improve quality production; and improve plant efficiency
- Follows all safety rules and procedures including Lockout/Tagout program, housekeeping, and 5S standards and observes the operations to insure a safe work environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements for employment
- Available for any shift.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Work jobs that have repetitive motion.
- Implement and follow safe work practices and rules.
- Able to prove they have a right to work in the United States.
- Successfully pass a physician’s examination, drug screen and background check.
- Wiling to have a baseline audiometric test
- Prefer high school graduates or GED’s
- Sufficient work experience to be successful on the job.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 16/9/2020