TEKsystems Systems Analyst in Des Plaines, Illinois
This position is responsible for supporting business applications and systems. This person will serve as the technical liaison, resource, and primary point of contact for an application and the backup for multiple applications internally. That may include some off hours work as needed; this can come from the top down or up the escalation chain within the organization. This will be supporting internal, 3rd party, and off the shelf applications. Many resources are the primary POC for 1 main application and the backup person for a few applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
Job -Specific Knowledge Required Skills:
* Business Analysis and IT Requirements - basic understanding in identifying trends and tracking key deliverables and risks as it relates to proposed changes to programs and systems; and effectiveness of programs year-over-year in improving overall performance and achieving desired business results
* Customer Service - Highly professional demeanor. Utilizes various interpersonal styles and communication methods to positively assist customers and team members
* Fluent user of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Accurately inputs information into and retrieves from the computer
* Working knowledge of software applications applicable to position/business unit
* Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
* Acts as subject matter expert, conduct troubleshooting and other support for software applications
* Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.
* Troubleshooting simple to complex issues
* Capable to work with 3rd party vendors to escalate issues as needed
Nice to haves:
* Works with IT counterparts, business partners and vendors to troubleshoot system issues
* Manages key systems to ensure all processes run as expected
* Monitors outsourcing operations schedules including customer account statements
* Provides updates and reports to IT counterparts and business partners regarding status of deliverables
* Completes documentation within key systems for changes to workflow, schedules, reports, etc.
* Performs unit testing including testing the solution, documenting results, submitting defects, retesting, etc.
* Adheres to the bank's SDLC Policy by providing input to IT requirements and solutions for IT counterparts and business partners.
* Member of Disaster recovery and Business Resumption Teams - responsible for providing updates to departments regarding resumption of schedule when interrupted.
* Understands and complies with all Bank policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations pertinent to this position; stays informed and shares updates on changes with management. Required to successfully complete all required Compliance training.
* Serve as a technical liaison, resource and primary point of contact between application end-users and IT
* Install and support your assigned application solutions
* Optimize automation process and reduce the need for manual tasks in indexing and document import procedures
* Upgrade and maintain systems to be operational ensuring all paths configured to its proper source
* Perform user account maintenance, manage incidents and provide resolution for end-users technical challenge by tacking, logging and responding to support tickets
* Assist in training new team members and assist business users through multiple forms of communication
* Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they relate to infrastructure, network, database and performance
* Conduct requirements analysis in testing and prepare proposals for replacement systems
* Create numerous simple to complex queries involving self joins, correlate subqueries and XML techniques for diverse business requirements
* Deploy new enhancements to systems outlined back-out plans with approval from internal change control process
* Work closely with IT Engineers to provision servers, complete database back-ups, restores, and solve network connectivity
* Follows the bank's outlined SDLC policy for IT documentation and works closely with the Project Management Office
* Maintain systems operational by cleaning up error logs ensuring all imports and exports files transmitted successfully in order for applications to communicate with one another
* No direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two year of related college courses and three plus years work-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical/Operations certification is a plus.
o Experience with the software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology including business analysis, IT requirements. Ability to interact and collaborate with the LOB and IT partners
o Experience in system integration - both from a data and a networking perspective.
o Ability to work independently
o Ability to manage workload and prioritize daily tasks.
o Working knowledge of issue identification and tracking
o Ability to execute work requests as defined by the LOB. Including configuration and testing.
o Data and System Analytical skills.
o Understanding of flow diagrams
o Understand Functional Requirements
o Able to serve as a technical liaison, resource and primary point of contact between application end-users and IT
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.