Wheels, Inc. Repair Specialist in Des Plaines, Illinois
Wheels, Inc. was established in 1939 as the world's first automotive fleet leasing and management company. As one of the largest privately-held companies in North America, Wheels features a portfolio of 315,000 vehicles under management across the continent, capabilities in 40 countries worldwide, and a client base that consists of some of the best-known businesses in the world. In addition to vehicle acquisition and leasing, Wheels provides numerous specialized services that help all sorts of organizations manage their fleets. These include driver/vehicle support functions like maintenance management, fuel cards, and registration processing, as well as strategic account-level consultation to drive optimal fleet efficiency and measure results.
Repair Specialist I ensures that collision and minor maintenance repair procedures on client vehicles are done promptly, cost effectively and efficiently within the policies set forth by both the clients and Wheels, Inc. A Repair Specialist is responsible for administering the collision repair requirements of automotive repairs based on I-CAR & ASE approved repair standards, and application of the client's repair needs within the policies and procedures of the repair departments.
· Authorize repairs and/ or repair recommendation on behalf of Wheels clients
· Review and approve repair estimates utilizing I-CAR repair resources, and crash guides resources, such as Mitchell, PenPro by Audatex, and C.C.C.
· Adhere to PenPro by Audatex, Mitchell, and C.C.C or current parts and labor reference guides for parts pricing and labor times
· Negotiate the cost of the repair to the published fleet price or the pre-negotiated Wheels Network rates & times.
· Issue and verify accuracy of purchase orders
· Approve proper repair based on mileage, months in service, prior repair history; including safety repairs based on client parameters
· Thorough knowledge of repair procedures, systems, individual client needs and automotive repair
· Discuss with clients / shops any irregularity involving repairs
· Instruct and assist Driver Service Associate, MAP Repair, and Subrogation Specialists in estimate comparison and review
· Administer and close files in accordance with client parameters.
· Assure that follow up is done for "down vehicles” within 24 hours.
· Assist and instruct drivers in rental, tow, and process driver requests as needed
· Meet key performance indicators on quality & transactional performance (e.g. coaching/desk audit evaluations, average severity, OON Fees, etc.)
· Provide details about shop performance to Network Management for Network Vendor growth
· Other duties as assigned
Excellent customer service skills
Decision maker / Negotiation skills
Adaptable / flexible
Consistent communication verbal and written
Supportive of decision making
Delivers on commitments
Continue education and involve yourself in industry specific activities
Able to work flexible schedule to support hours of operation
Demonstrate skills in time management and organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of two years automobile adjusting experience or appraisal experience
ASE Body Certification preferred
Must have estimating or appraisal certification within 18 months of hire date (e.g. I-Car Damage Analysis 2-4 or ASE B6 Collision Estimating)
I-Car Platinum Certification within 18 month of hire date
Customer service experience
PC familiarity including, but not limited to, Lotus Notes, Windows, Excel, and Outlook
Able to use desktop equipment such as telephone, calculator, computer
Active interaction with internal and external contacts
Able to communicate verbally and written
Able to sit/and or stand for long period of time
Heavy phone work
External Company URL: www.wheels.com
Street: 666 Garland Place