Honeywell EDC Software Engineer in Des Plaines, Illinois
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve research, techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. You will facilitate design, development, and testing to meet project objectives faster and more efficiently and you develop and commercialize products & technologies.
· Serve as a data system architect for the group, act as a technical advisor to R&D staff, as well as external groups such as corporate IT
· Champion new software technologies that have the potential to positively impact the group’s data management goals, as well as R&D experimental goals
· Be capable of performing complex modifications and updates to data management systems for the purpose of enhancing pilot plant/lab data management capability, capacity, system functionality, performance, security, and reliability
· Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with corporate network and security groups for the purpose of applying best-practices and remaining compliant with corporate security directives
· Organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams as related to R&D data management or other related R&D projects
· Performing complex modifications and updates to network systems for the purpose of enhancing system functionality, performance, security, and reliability
· Have a working understanding of the underlying science and engineering principles at work in plant and lab operations and apply that knowledge to the design and implementation of data management projects, as well as to the group’s overall strategic planning
· Be accountable for completing projects and providing all necessary deliverables such as completed software, hardware, or network systems; project documentation including technical documents and drawings; successful implementation of policies, procedures, and best practices
· Take the initiative to stay technically current and apply this to new and ongoing pilot plant, lab, and network-related initiatives
· Knowledge in C/C++ and C#/.NET
· Expertise using Visual studio to develop workflows, integrations and desktop applications
· Understand relational database concepts, assist with implementation and optimization of SQL queries
· Object-oriented analysis and design
· Exposure in multi-threaded software application programming
You Must Have
· Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
· Demonstrated skills in software development of large-scale application systems
· Proficiency in relational database design, and practical experience in deploying databases on Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server
· Familiarity with .Net, Visual Studio, and modern web development technologies
· Proficiency in working with Windows-based client PCs and Windows Server operating systems
· Independently develop software artifacts for .NET-based desktop applications
· Assist with documentation for software specifications
· Maintain legacy software products, including fixing deficiencies
· Identify, test and troubleshoot software deficiencies, debug errors as they occur
· Able to work independently and collaboratively to complete tasks
· Mentor and assist co-workers with development tasks and best practices
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs