Essendant IBM Sterling OMS Application Developer in Deerfield, Illinois
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for implementing and supporting the IBM Selling and Fulfillment Suite (Sterling OMS) Platform in a high volume integrated system environment. The position will require Technical Design and Java Developer experience previously performed on the Sterling OMS platform.
- Design, develop, maintain, extend applications and implement projects based on the IBM Sterling Order Management capabilities.
- Support a wide range of technology projects using Sterling Order Management including configurations, software development, installation of patches and upgrades, etc.
- Provide technical leadership for the Order Management application team.
- Conduct design and code reviews of extensions and customizations to ensure overall quality and compliance with the IBM Sterling development framework.
- Participate in the review of solution testing and deployment, including System Test, Multi-Platform Integration Test, User Acceptance Test, and Performance Test.
- Mentor Technical developers in the use of IBM Sterling Order Management.
- Production support.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's core values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong Analytical skills to think through complex, multidimensional problems and propose appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good negotiation skills. Must balance business needs with management of scope.
- Detail oriented: keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated: able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to interface with the business.
- Good presentation skills to articulate ideas, options and solutions to business and IT teams.
- Maven or Ant scripting for application build scripting preferred.
- Exposure to Selenium or other test automation tools preferred.
- Exposure to Jira, Bamboo or other continuous integration tools preferred.
Sterling OMS Application
RequiredExperience in Oracle and Middleware technologies
Experience with integrating Sterling Order Management solutions into other enterprise systems
Experience in Java/EE and specifically in developing Java based extensions and interfaces to ensure proper functionality and integration with other systems
Configuration/Administrator level knowledge using Sterling Order Management components, API's, related interfaces and configuration
6 years:experience with java/J2EE development including 2+ years of Sterling OMS. Sterling versions 9.2+ preferred
PreferredExperience working with Commerce Call Center
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: November 22, 2017