Oracle Data Science Platform Product Manager-JoinOCI in Deerfield, Illinois
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Data Science Platform team is building a high-quality cloud service that enables enterprise data science teams to build, train, deploy, and manage models on the Oracle Cloud. It provides a workbench to centralize, organize, and manage data science work; access to cutting-edge Oracle Cloud compute and data sources; and ModelOps workflows to increase overall quality and quantity of candidate models ready for production. With OCI Data Science, teams of data scientists from major Fortune 100 companies can deliver results to production faster and with more confidence. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to take a next step in their career and be at the forefront of what customers care about most: Data, Cloud and AI.
The Data Science Platform team is looking for a product manager who can take a key role in defining the next generation of data science services for OCI. You will be the product leader defining the product vision, strategy and go-to-market, working with our customers to understand their vision and requirements. You will partner closely with our engineering, data science, research, UX, field & marketing to build a product that customers need and love.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for innovative products, strong collaboration skills and the ability to work closely with both customers and internal teams. Most importantly – we believe in a people-first approach - we want to build best solutions for our customers while having fun doing it! Our team consists of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, different professional and life experiences, who support each other to build things the right way and enjoy our vacation time.
As part of the OCI Data & AI Product Management team, you will be responsible for developing innovative data science services for our customers. Responsibilities include the following:
• Define product strategy and roadmap to deliver a product that our customers love
• Define and analyze key engagement and quality of service metrics
• Have a deep understanding of the ML / Data Science market and industry trends
• Ability to work across teams in a large organization
• Being enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great collaborator
• Be our product evangelist - engage directly with customers and partners, participate and present in external events and conferences, etc.
• 7 years of relevant professional experience in program / product management
• Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements for customer-facing online products/services
• Experience with machine learning / artificial intelligence and understanding of how to apply them to real world problems is required. Hands on experience training and/or deploying machine learning models is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related field.
• Exceptional ability to negotiate and collaborate across groups to achieve customer success
• Customer focus with experience working with enterprise customers and developers
• Proven track record of successfully releasing enterprise-level cloud services and defining new offerings from ideation, to definition, delivery, launch, and multi-generational releases.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement and employee stock purchase (ESP) programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Oracle. You can learn more about our company, our products and services at www.Oracle.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job: *Product Development
Title: Data Science Platform Product Manager-JoinOCI
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000VMP
- Oracle Jobs