Progress Rail Services Corp. Mechanic I, Maintenance in Danvers, Illinois
Danvers, IL Trackwork - 303
• Perform emergency/reactive repairs of production equipment and conduct follow-up evaluations to assess effectiveness of repair;
• Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairing of manufacturing equipment.
• Maintain preventative maintenance program for manufacturing facility, including machining centers, presses, overhead cranes, hoists, and mobile equipment
• Electrical maintenance and repair of PLC and CNC controls
• Troubleshoot and maintain hydraulic systems, including pumps, valves, and controls
• Facility repair and maintenance including HVAC
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair of single phase 120 VAC and three phase (up to 480 volts) electrical systems
• Support safety initiatives and continuous improvement programs
• Procurement of maintenance supplies, repair parts, and service calls as needed
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Five or more years of experience in a plant maintenance environment.
• Associates degree in mechanical or electrical field or equivalent vocational training.
Mechanic I, Maint., Non-Union
Key Job Elements:
We currently have an immediate opening in our maintenance department on 1st shift. 1st shift hours are Monday - Friday, however off shift support will be required as needed to address unplanned maintenance issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Five or more years’ experience in mechanical maintenance, preferably in a machining, fabrication and/or industrial manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read blueprints, electrical/hydraulic schematics, and technical bulletins.
• Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Must have good people and communication skills.
• Detail oriented and able to work with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work in a highly responsive manner and ensure production schedules are met; willingness to support maintenance activities on other shifts and on weekends as production schedules require.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Basic fabrication skills.
• Basic wiring knowledge.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Alternative Work Location:
Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Progress Rail Services Corp. Jobs