PSC Industrial Outsourcing of Michigan, LLC Technician I - Env Mgmt Prgm in Columbia, Illinois
Under direct supervision, safely operates all necessary equipment for service line and completes appropriate paperwork in accordance with PSC policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Practices safety procedures in accordance LPS training and guidelines when working.
• Operates all necessary equipment in service line ( Manhole cleaning, Manhole Pumping, spill response, EMS work asbestos
and vacuum, etc. see below) in accordance with operation training and guidelines and safety procedures.
• Performs maintenance when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• May operate box trucks.
• Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and PSC policies,
practices and procedures.
.Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction. Must report on and off times for jobs to client and PSC management.
• Operates vehicle safely at all times.
• Maintains a current driver's license, or CDL as required.
• Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
• Safely transports non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
• Completes a Pre and Post vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving
• Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
• Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and PSC management.
• Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
• Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
• May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
• Wears personal protective equipment as required by PSC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
• Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
• Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating
company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
• Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
• Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
• Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
• Performs other duties when assigned.
• Follows LPS and stewards protocol to employees
• Ability to do manual labor, shoveling, moving drums ETC.
Basic safety courses including site specific procedures
Service line equipment:
on the job training and
prescribed training courses
Tool identification and usage training
PSC Safe On Purpose training
Local service offerings training
All required local training
40 hour hazwoper
Compliance with MVR policy
Compliance with Drug policy
Compliance with Background checking policy
Compliance with DOT physical requirements
Possess BASIC Safety Council Reciprocal Card
Possess all required I-9 documentation
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
0 - 2 years related experience
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Reading and writing in English
Ability to conform with work hours
On Call 24/7
Ability to report to work within one hour of receiving call to work.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Title: Technician I - Env Mgmt Prgm
Requisition ID: 180015R