Sinai Health System TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST in Chicago, Illinois
General Summary/basic PURPOSE OF JOB:
• Documents and catalogues the LAN/Network inventory for both hardware and software.
• Administer network, resolving network traffic situations, and monitoring network performance.
• Installs, configures and maintains network servers, devices and VPN’s.
• Good knowledge of general networking concepts and IP Protocols.
• Develops and maintains documentation and adheres to change management procedures and other networking processes and standards.
• Provide technical support to Symantec 2FA, Citrix and Active Directory.
• Works on security and other risk prevention and Endpoint Security management.
• Experience with industry-standard vulnerability management tools.
• Good understanding of the vulnerability identification, analysis, and scoring standard Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), as well as (CVE).
• Demonstrated knowledge of information security programs and operations, data security practices and procedures.
• Analyzes and implements most effective method of correcting problems. Documents problems and resolutions as necessary.
• Work with other departments to fulfill technical needs.
• Experience in SysAid ticketing system to supported in house and remote users.
• Monitor, escalate and respond to security events.
Essential Functions and duties:
UPDATES AND DOCUMENTS EXTERNAL CLIENT ISSUES.
PERFORMS ANALYSIS AND DETERMINES CLIENT PROBLEMS, AND DOCUMENTS THESE ISSUES.
PROVIDES SOLUTIONS FOR NETWORK AND SYSTEM RELATED ISSUES, AND PROVIDES DETAILED DOCUMENTATION ALONG WITH IT.
PERFORMS CAUSE ANALYSIS REGARDING CLIENT ISSUES, AS THEY RELATE TO THE FOLLOWING ENVIRONMENTS: DESKTOP, CITRIX, AND PORTAL CONNECTIONS.
ASSISTS CLIENTS BY PERFORMING ANALYSIS OF VARIOUS ISSUES RELATING TO LANS’S, WAN’S, DESKTOP COMPUTERS, INTERNET CONNECTIVITY, AND THE INSTALLATION OF HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE.
ASSISTS CUSTOMERS FOR THE PURPOSE OF IMPROVING PROCESSES RELATED TO SYSTEM ISSUES.
MAINTAINS ERROR LOGS IN COORDINATION WITH IT DEPARTMENTS, AND THEN MAINTAINS RESOLUTION REPORTS, AS WELL.
OFFERS RECOMMENDATIONS, BASED ON VARIOUS METRICS, ON HOW TO IMPROVE THE SUPPORT PROCESS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technical support position.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Ability to analyze issues related to software’s and compatibility issues.
Windows 10 knowledge.
Excellent communication skills.
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
- Certificates: Network Administration (Preferred).