NextCapital Systems Administrator I (Chicago) in Chicago, Illinois
NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they’re saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for an organized and highly motivated Systems Administrator I to join our team. Our computers team manages the internal network, applications, servers and workstations. You will be responsible for automating, deploying and maintaining our core end user applications and services.
The ideal candidate must have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, automation tools and endpoint management strategies.
At this time, NextCapital does not sponsor visas for this role
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Assist with supporting the Help Desk ticketing queue which may includes some in-office presence
● Oversee lifecycle operations for both hardware and software
● Responsible for asset management and coordinating user device and software purchasing
● Administer user accounts and access controls
● Manage and support endpoint management suites related to device management, application deployment, etc.
● Administer and support cloud and self hosted applications (e.g. G-Suite, Jira)
● Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
● Ensure security compliance by coordinating actions with the Security group
● Assist with documenting policies and procedures for both new and existing areas
● Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
● You are an exceptionally resourceful individual with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly
● You have at least a year of experience with IT systems administration
● You have strong knowledge with both MacOS and Windows including operating systems and hardware management
● You have experience with endpoint management suites (Ivanti and JAMF preferred) including application automation, centralized device configuration, and policy based controls
● You have experience with Linux and Windows Server administration
● You have experience with cloud application platforms such as G-Suite, Jira and Confluence
● You are focused on security, from the design and implementation of new systems, to maintaining and improving existing ones
● You have some experience writing scripts (e.g. Perl, Python, Powershell, Bash)
● Plus: You are a detail-oriented problem solver, a quick learner with interest and ability to learn new technologies and possess excellent communication skills
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people.
Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage.
Enjoy a stimulating work environment surrounded by top quality researchers and engineers that enjoy working with each other towards a common goal.
Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future.
When the COVID-19 pandemic cools down, participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
When our pandemic ‘remoteness’ ends, enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
And, yes, when we’re able to safely re-convene in a physical space, sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions