Expedia Sr Mgr, Technology in Chicago, Illinois
At Expedia, we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the constantly evolving travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for global customers are endless.
Data AI and Platform & Systems (DAPS) organization is dedicated to building the data and finance platform of the future unlocking future capabilities to service the complex needs of our travel partners, customers, and suppliers. Our mission is to power reliable, trustworthy, and scalable data products, that fuel decision-making and give a competitive advantage to Expedia Group.
As a Senior Software Engineering Manager in Commerce Data and Finance Systems (CDFS) team within DAPS, you will be instrumental in building API-first driven solutions that are flexible and scalable enough to meet the demands of our strategic growth initiatives across the finance landscape.
Are you a creative problem solver ready to build APIs on Expedia Group’s platform. Would you thrive in a high-energy atmosphere where you have the ability to constantly evaluate new technology with a focus on automation and continuous delivery? Then come join our team and help us build the most expansive and versatile transaction platform in travel!
As a leader for the financial data engineering team, we are looking for you to design and build APIs, data streams, real-time processing, and data lake storage at scale.
You will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud data technologies, from Java, Scala, Spring Boot, Hadoop and Spark, Kafka, and more. You will set the example as we build for the long-term, with a focus on design patterns, re-usability, and robust engineering practices including CI/CD. You will actively participate in software and architectural design and planning activities like agile program planning events.
What you'll do:
- Manage teams of software engineers responsible for providing desired functionality to assigned products or services, including remote resources
- Drive agile development methodologies (Scrum & Kanban)
- Strive to continuously improve the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices, and practices of the team
- Allocate available resources to meet the delivery and operating objectives
- Interact with direct reports, business partners, and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Actively participate in the discussion of non-technical business requirements and data gathering
- Actively work with the leadership teams and engage in strategic discussions about data strategy and decision support
- Lead the architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of software; and ensure they meet established specifications on time and quality standards, and are within budget
- Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions to meet business objectives
- Work with multi-functional project teams on solution architecture options for design
- Ensure all code is reviewed appropriately and meets quality, operational and architectural standards for successful product delivery
Who you are:
- 5+ years in managing mid to large software engineering teams
- BS in Computer Science or a similar degree or relevant professional experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with open source technologies
- Proven success as a software engineering lead who mentors and coaches highly functional teams
- Strong people leadership skills and proven ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better. This responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach.
We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 21 Days Ago
- Full time