BWAY Corporation Spray Booth Operator- 2nd Shift in Chicago, Illinois
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
Position Summary:2ND SHIFT SPRAY BOOTH OPERATOR
Responsible for the setup, operation, and maintenance of spray booth/spray painting equipment.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the Company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- Work from schedules, production orders and instructions.
- Operate spray booth and spraying equipment, set spray guns, adjust spray pattern, replace nozzle caps, and set over temperature.
- Check to ensure that correct paint or lining is used.
- Monitor spraying of products and make necessary operating adjustments.
- Visually inspect products and perform quality tests.
- Maintain equipment through oiling, greasing and cleaning equipment.
- Complete required production reports.
- Must be able to operate and use paint testing equipment, common hand/hand power tools and hand lift jack.
- Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1.Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
2.Exposure/experience to manufacturing.
3.Understands quality, PPE requirements and safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
* Physical/Visual Demands/Work Environment:*
(Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand.
- Position is associated with pushing, pulling, climbing, handling, reaching, stretching, and working in tight and high places.
(Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job).
Inside conditions, extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), exposure to humidity, working in tight areas, high noise levels from production environment, including some exposure to outside weather elements, oil and dirt.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 10/2/2018