Expedia Software Development Engineer I in Chicago, Illinois
Software Development Engineer I
As a global leader in travel, Expedia Group helps millions of people every day go places and build lifelong memories. Join our exciting team and help us deliver excellent technical solutions for one of Expedia’s fast-growing private label business. Expedia Partner Solutions is an entrepreneurial start-up and the fastest-growing affiliate network ($4 billion in sales and counting). We work with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into travel bookings and happy customers.
As a Software Development Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions. Bring your skills, experience, enthusiasm, and passion to innovate and produce results as we continuously improve and deliver the future of excellent customer experiences across EPS partner sites.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in an agile team to design, develop, and maintain software applications that support key Expedia Group initiatives
- You will solve complex business problems by utilizing well-adapted development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Work closely with other hardworking developers both local and in various other Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure excellent product quality
- Support live-site operations as needed as part of our DevOps approach
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 1 - 2+ years of software development experience
- In lieu of degree, 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong technical proficiency in Java, JSON/XML, Web Services and object-oriented design
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts
- Experience and knowledge around Cloud technologies like AWS, preferred
- Experienced with agile development methodologies including Scrum, preferred
- Self-starter with a proven ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment, preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time