insureon Software Developer (Backend) in Chicago, Illinois
Insureon is transforming the insurance industry through innovative distribution strategies, best-in-breed technology, and an unwavering commitment to serving our customers. We’ve become one of the most prominent companies in the Insurtech revolution by challenging conventional thinking and finding unconventional solutions to the industry’s problems. Our efforts have gotten attention, too – we’ve received awards from Entrepreneur Magazine (30th best privately owned company in 2016), Inc. Magazine (named one of the fastest-growing companies in 2014 and 2015), Insurance Journal (one of the Top 100 Property & Casualty Agencies in 2014, 2015, and 2016), Lexus Nexus (Most Innovative Insurtech award in 2017), and Crain’s Fast 50 in 2017.
We are seeking a smart, result-oriented and enthusiastic Software Developer (Backend) to join us as we build industry leading insurance software. This candidate will interact closely with other developers and stakeholders both within and outside of the team. Creativity, strong communication and collaboration skills are required and leveraged at all times. We build highly available, microservice based, event-driven distributed systems in a continuous delivery environment. Therefore, candidates must be critical thinking, autonomous individuals with an attention to detail.
To be considered for and be successful in this role, the following is required:
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
● Experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed applications and services
using C# and Object Oriented Design.
● Passion for writing a simple, clean and high quality code
● Understanding of git based source control, continuous integration/ deployment and TDD
● Understanding of usage of RESTful web services.
● Excellent communication skills and ability to work using Agile methodologies
Preferred Qualifications include experience with:
● Functional and Asynchronous programming concepts using C#.
● Design patterns and their usage.
● Microservices and event-driven architectures.
● Token based Authentication, OAuth.
● Message queues or stream processing pipelines.
● Elasticsearch, Redis and other NOSQL technologies.
**Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening